2010 kizashi sport model transmission problems

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
Jaydog

I have 2010 Suzuki Kizashi and had my CVT replaced at 40000 miles and I'm at 10000 now and it's starting to whine I don't understand what is goin on with these transmissions im furious over all of this plane and simple there should be recall on all of them they pretty much just up and left. USA and now I'm stuck with junk it's bullshit
KandiB2482

There is something wrong with the cvt trannys. I have a 2010 awd. At 49,000 miles my tranny blew. I complained of whining when it was warm and hot out. I did for over a year and they told me bad tranny needless I got a new one but the sound is back and how long until this one goes. They need to give us all new trannys.
KandiB2482

We have had 5 recalls for it.
Kingmick58

Bought this model from a dealer in Brisbane with 90000klms on it. Well appointed and drives great. No whine at all. A week later in Rockhampton the whine started and got worse. From a cold start in the morning when my wife takes it to work i can hear the whine when she drives away from our house. Without a car for 5 weeks while it went back to Brisbane for diagnosis and repair to a workshop that only fixes Suzukis. Transfer case was replaced with one from a wreckers with 50000klms on it, was inspected and had some bearings replaced. Took some time for one to be actually located. Car came back, all quiet so i'm assuming that the whine came from defective part/s in the original one. 2 days later the whine was back! When the dealer rang the repairer he couldn't believe it. That made three of us. Dealer was even more unimpressed when he was told that they wanted nothing more to do with our car even though there was a 30 day warranty on the transfer case! Dealer had spent over $5000 on transport costs + the cost of the 'repair'. He'll have to work that one out. It's now booked in to the local Suzuki dealer but after reading the posts here and the internet I don't hold much hope. Doesn't appear that there is a permanent fix so i'm hoping for a refund before the dealer warranty expires or I do! Knew I should have bought a bloody manual! Regards from Australia.
KuroNekko

Kingmick58 wrote:Bought this model from a dealer in Brisbane with 90000klms on it. Well appointed and drives great. No whine at all. A week later in Rockhampton the whine started and got worse. From a cold start in the morning when my wife takes it to work i can hear the whine when she drives away from our house. Without a car for 5 weeks while it went back to Brisbane for diagnosis and repair to a workshop that only fixes Suzukis. Transfer case was replaced with one from a wreckers with 50000klms on it, was inspected and had some bearings replaced. Took some time for one to be actually located. Car came back, all quiet so i'm assuming that the whine came from defective part/s in the original one. 2 days later the whine was back! When the dealer rang the repairer he couldn't believe it. That made three of us. Dealer was even more unimpressed when he was told that they wanted nothing more to do with our car even though there was a 30 day warranty on the transfer case! Dealer had spent over $5000 on transport costs + the cost of the 'repair'. He'll have to work that one out. It's now booked in to the local Suzuki dealer but after reading the posts here and the internet I don't hold much hope. Doesn't appear that there is a permanent fix so i'm hoping for a refund before the dealer warranty expires or I do! Knew I should have bought a bloody manual! Regards from Australia.
Why did they think it was the transfer case instead of the CVT?
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
LPSISRL

When I had my CVT replaced under warranty with 76K miles on it, the tranny was a new one.
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
Kingmick58

When the dealer first contacted the repairer he said was confident he knew what the problem was. All I know is that after the transfer case was replaced the noise stopped then returned after driving only about 150klms. If the CVT is faulty, wouldn't the noise be still there after the work was done? Mystery to me. The dealer hasn't rang me back to confirm the Suzuki dealership booking so I'm in the middle of nowhere at the moment.
Ronzuki

Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
Tsimane

My Kizashi has been running well since 2011 but early 2016 it started suddenly loosing power whilst driving on the speedway. Switching the ignition off for 5 minutes seemed to correct this. Now recently when I drive long distances for more than two hours it will suddenly reduce the speed with the rev counter way above 3500 rpm. I also hear some wailing from the engine bay even when driving at 80km/ hour.
A mechanic confirmed that it is the CVT system failing which he reset but after a day of driving same problem starts.

What should I do ?
Woodie

Take it to a Suzuki dealer, or a former Suzuki dealer if you're in North America.

Most likely need a new transmission. It's possible that a fluid change and/or software update might help. but I think a new transmission is in your future, there's not much that can be done to a CVT.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency