Kizzy got issues

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
KuroNekko

Sorry, I moved stuff around so this important thread is now a sticky in the "Kizashi Technical Support" forum rather than a standard topic in the "Chat About the Kizashi" forum.

It can be found here:
http://www.kizashiclub.com/forum/viewto ... =12&t=3186
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
amarlondis

@ LPSISRL I normally use Octane boost when put gas in my car. @ bootymac the Bosch spark plugs don't need to be gap,people hardly door that anymore. I called the dealership that I bought the car from and they send me to the Suzuki dealership. They told me that all the recalls has been done on my car. It seems like I'm out of luck , I saw the new bump stop. Can anyone please send me the name, type and where I can buy them
bootymac

It's not a recall, it's a service bulletin. You can find more info here: http://www.kizashiclub.com/forum/viewto ... 671#p20671
amarlondis

LPSISRL wrote:Sure your sluggishness is not engine related? Try dumping a can of Sea Foam in with a full tank of gas. You might have a dirty fuel system.
I use octane Booster when I put gas in my car.
bootymac wrote:Glad you fixed the problem. Did you gap the Bosch plugs?
People hardly gap spark plugs, its pretty much gap for the car specs from the manufacture.

I called the dealership( not a Suzuki dealer) which I bought the car from and they said that I have to call a Suzuki dealership on that matter. So they gave me a number to a Suzuki dealership which I called, gave them my vin number, and they told me that all the recalls on my car is already fixed.
KuroNekko

To be more specific, the gapping of iridium and platinum-tipped spark plugs is not necessary. However, if you use copper-tipped plugs, the spark plugs should be gapped prior to installation.
Given more and more OEMs use iridium or platinum-tipped spark plugs that offer a longer service life, gapping is becoming less necessary than in the past.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
amarlondis

KuroNekko reply
To be more specific, the gapping of iridium and platinum-tipped spark plugs is not necessary. However, if you use copper-tipped plugs, the spark plugs should be gapped prior to installation.
Given more and more OEMs use iridium or platinum-tipped spark plugs that offer a longer service life, gapping is becoming less necessary than in the past.
I agree with you, gapping spark plugs is the past
bootymac

amarlondis wrote:
KuroNekko reply
I agree with you, gapping spark plugs is the past
This isn't completely true and it really depends on the application. Spark plugs are pre-gapped but whether or not they're gapped to your engine's specifications is a different matter.

For example, most turbo cars will require a smaller gap otherwise they'll misfire all day long and eventually blow ignition coils. Modifications also require smaller gaps (0.004" smaller for every 50hp).

The only reason I've heard for not gapping iridium and other fine tipped plugs is due to how fragile the tips are, but they still need to be gapped nonetheless if your specs call for it.

http://www.ngksparkplugs.com/tech_suppo ... p?mode=nml

As for the Kizashi, I believe most spec'd plugs are pre-gapped to 0.044". There's no info on what the gap is on the Bosch plugs.