Rear Shock failure issue and TSB & Warranty Repair

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
KuroNekko

Finding shocks for the Kizashi isn't hard at all. Finding shocks for the Kizashi Sport however, is much harder. The Kizashi Sport has a 10mm lower suspension and different shocks to go with them. Part numbers for the shocks are different for the Kizashi vs. Kizashi Sport. Everything I've seen sold online for the Kizashi's shocks have been for the non-Sport models.
If you own any model year 2010 Kizashi or a non-Sport model Kizashi, then finding shocks for the car isn't hard. On the contrary, finding correct shocks for the Kizashi Sport is proving rather difficult.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
SamirD

KuroNekko wrote:Finding shocks for the Kizashi isn't hard at all. Finding shocks for the Kizashi Sport however, is much harder. The Kizashi Sport has a 10mm lower suspension and different shocks to go with them. Part numbers for the shocks are different for the Kizashi vs. Kizashi Sport. Everything I've seen sold online for the Kizashi's shocks have been for the non-Sport models.
If you own any model year 2010 Kizashi or a non-Sport model Kizashi, then finding shocks for the car isn't hard. On the contrary, finding correct shocks for the Kizashi Sport is proving rather difficult.
Thank you for filling in the details in the gaps in my memory. :oops: I knew there was something that kept me from doing the rear tsb all by myself back then.
Woodie

SamirD wrote:
Woodie wrote:http://www.kyboutlet.com/parts-for/?fin ... shi-143049

$86 and they'll arrive at your front door three days later, don't know what would be easier.
But apparently these aren't actually shipping. Several forum members tried to buy them in the past.
First I've heard of that, I put mine on Sunday.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
hyper gear

Are the struts part # all the same? How about the SLS?
SamirD

hyper gear wrote:Are the struts part # all the same? How about the SLS?
They are not. The SLS Sport and GTS have a different part number and is designed for the different springs on these trim levels. These are the ones that I remembered as being tough to source.
Trowman

I also have an SLS (well really it's an SX sport) which needs new rear shocks. Balking at the high price tag of the OE 41810-57L50, I did some research on the KYB349141 and came across this official looking PDF document from KYB: http://kyb.ru/files/KYB_RHD_SA_2015.pdf

On page 121 you can see that they state the KYB349141 is a direct replacement for the OE 41810-57L50 for the SLS and GTS models. I've sent them an email to ask them to confirm this. I'll let you guys know what they say when / if they get back to me... might save somebody else a few bucks and research time.

Kizashi is still an awesome car, though!!!
Ronzuki

KuroNekko wrote:
This is an incorrect assumption. The 2010 GTS and SLS models are the same as the 2011+ 'Sport' models with regard to suspension. Just a marketing induced name change. They are both 10mm lower, and thus have different shock p/n's than the 2010 non-GTS/SLS models as well.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
KuroNekko

Trowman wrote:I also have an SLS (well really it's an SX sport) which needs new rear shocks. Balking at the high price tag of the OE 41810-57L50, I did some research on the KYB349141 and came across this official looking PDF document from KYB: http://kyb.ru/files/KYB_RHD_SA_2015.pdf

On page 121 you can see that they state the KYB349141 is a direct replacement for the OE 41810-57L50 for the SLS and GTS models. I've sent them an email to ask them to confirm this. I'll let you guys know what they say when / if they get back to me... might save somebody else a few bucks and research time.

Kizashi is still an awesome car, though!!!
What model year do you have?
The Kizashi Sports have different shocks and struts according to the part numbers than non-Sport models. Basically all 2010 Kizashis have the same shocks, but from 2011, GTS and SLS models have the Sport suspension in which the OE parts numbers for the shocks and struts are different from the other Kizashis without the Sport suspension. The KYB lists have only always showed replacement shocks for the non-Sport models.
If you own a 2010 SLS, then I'd feel confident about getting the KYB 349141 shocks. They are going for $46 each on rockauto.com. If you own a later model year SLS, you really want to call around to see if the KYB 349141 can be considered a suitable replacement for the Sport shocks.
Please let us know your findings as I don't think this matter of Sport vs. non-Sport suspension and KYB aftermarket shocks has been resolved with a confirmed answer from KYB or Suzuki yet.
KuroNekko

Ronzuki wrote:
KuroNekko wrote:
This is an incorrect assumption. The 2010 GTS and SLS models are the same as the 2011+ 'Sport' models with regard to suspension. Just a marketing induced name change. They are both 10mm lower, and thus have different shock p/n's than the 2010 non-GTS/SLS models as well.
I don't think you're right for a number of reasons.
First, all publications (including Suzuki's own press releases) have stated that the Sport suspension came about in 2011 and that is when a difference in the suspension of Sport vs. non-Sport was implemented. All 2010 Kizashis regardless of trim have the same suspension. The 10mm drop was implemented when the "Sport" models debuted in 2011.
More convincingly, I examined the part numbers for comparisons.

According to suzukicarparts.com which sells only OE Suzuki parts referenced by Suzuki part numbers, here's what the rear suspension numbers look like:

2010 Kizashi S
Rear suspension: 4181057L00

2010 Kizashi SLS

2011 Kizashi S

2011 Kizashi Sport SLS
Rear suspension: 4181057L50

As you can see, only the 2011 Kizashi Sport SLS has a different rear shock part number ending in "50" instead of the others' "00". This is the proof that the Sport models that debuted in 2011 technically have different shocks from the rest of the Kizashis and that all 2010 models have the same shocks and struts.

KYB has only ever listed their aftermarket shocks as replacements for the non-Sport shocks. The KYB 349141 is listed as a replacement for the 4181057L00, but not technically the 4181057L50. This is something a number of folks have noticed and that's why Sport model owners are a bit weary of the KYB replacements. However, I think it's safe to assume all 2010 Kizashi owners can use the KYB 349141 for their rear shocks.
ehart814

I'd love to know of a reasonably priced replacement for my rear shocks on my 2012 SLS. My left rear is leaking. :( I intend to modify the bump stop myself to eliminate the water issue. I done see why a new hole or groove in my existing bump stops wouldn't solve that problem.

If no one can find an aftermarket replacement for the shocks, I'll probably end up buying those KYB's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk