Rear Shock failure issue and TSB & Warranty Repair

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
KuroNekko

alexbtl wrote: I have SE AWD CVT which I use for winter commute only, yes you are right, the sway bar links make a cracking metal rubbing noise when you stop then move your car little bit front or reverse and turn the wheel, My car makes creaking noise only when I drive over a bump or dip on a straight line, it squats in the rear every time I drive over a bump or dip, it's easy to tell it is rear shocks, it could be cracked Coil spring also, I haven't taken a look at it yet
Given your descriptions, it's very likely the rear shocks. It's a common issue with this car in climates with moisture.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
alexbtl

this is my latest update on rear shocks problem, I had time to look at my rear suspension this week, it looks like defective bump stop also affects rear sway bar in addition to affecting rear shocks, after I kept driving my Kiz with bad shocks , my rear sway bar also started making noise every time I turn in a curve though the noise is very subtle at this moment, it looks like I might have to replace my rear sway bar links also, I am at a point of ordering rear suspension components, before doing that, I wanted to check with you to see, if any one replaced their rear coil springs, when replacing their shocks and bump stops, appreciating your help in advance.

yesterday I received a recall letter from Suzuki North America about defective vent hose or vent filter in certain 2010-2013 Kizashi's , the letter said, they found few cases where a spider building web in the vent hose might build negative pressure in the vent that could in turn cause the fuel tank to explode and cause fire, they wanted me to wait till I receive the second letter from them before taking the car to the nearest authorized dealer for fix.
Sasha-CR

Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but I recently had to go through this issue.

I can confirm that the KYB SB 113 bump stopper replacement has the slots, but my mechanic tells me that the slots dont fit correctly when inserted so that the top is the slotted side.

The shocks were installed today but I am going to personally see this issue for myself because the KYB picture and suzuki picture both show the slot facing up... Though the KYB boot and bump stopper are shaped differently..

Either way, if anyone wants a true OE fit, apparently the OE replacement kit is needed..

For anyone who used the SB113, are there any pictures of the installed kit on the vehicle? Or at least assembled on a bench with the shocks?
Sasha-CR

Update: Went and had the shock taken out, then checked everything and showed him the bulletin instructions. We disassembled and put it together properly, with the slots up.

Notes: The aluminum part (#4) which holds the stopper had all sorts of corrosion and gunk.. also the semi conical shape of the original part made my Mechanic believe that the same rounded shape of the kyb went upwards. It fits slightly easier that way. Well, I believe the slot should go upwards, so we cleaned the aluminum very well and inserted the stopper the right way. It fits much tighter, but k think that's the point. The difference in tightness between the original and this replacement is enormous. The kyb stopper hugs the shaft super tightly.

So, all in all, looks like the kyb replacement is a good option. The boot is also quite nice.
Tom Kizzie

Anyone experience with the shocks from Japanparts (cheap brand)? My partsdealer only has these. I thrust them but if i had the kybs to slect i probably choose kyb. The Japanparts are cheap though;)

MM-80034 from JAPANPARTS
31,39 €
OEM Number:
SUZUKI OE-4180057L00
SUZUKI OE-4180057L50
SUZUKI OE-4181057L00
SUZUKI OE-4181057L50
Same as:
ASHIKA: MA-80034
JAPKO: MJ80034
KYB: 349141
kizashi 6mt black
Woodie

Can you not get them directly from KYB? Amazon has them, don't know if Amazon operates in your country.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=kyb+shocks&i ... c0ecfc7454
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
johnhenrydale

@Sasha-CR

Can you (or anyone else on this thread) confirm the KYB SB113 Bumpstop will work for this TSB repair? How has the part held up since you did this last year? I'm looking doing this repair sometime in the next month and wanted to see if going with the non-Suzuki OEM parts from KYB has posed any quality or reliability issues for anyone on this thread?

The price differential between the KYB parts and the OEM parts sourced from my local Mitsubishi (formerly also Suzuki) dealer is crazy, like $220 vs $45 for the struts and $15 dollars vs $45 for the bumpstop.
2011 Kizashi Sport "GLS" 2WD
(GTS Upgrade project)
6sp MT
Azure Gray Metallic
Anthracite Gray Vossen CVT 19" / 5 x 114.3 +32
Woodie

KYB is the equivalent to the OEM, plus they're doing a rebate right now: https://rapid-rebates.com/KYBFeelingisBelievingRebate

Don't know about the bumpstop, I used OEM for that.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
old tech

On the bump stop issue, the sb113 is a universal fit . Ived used many of these but never on a Kizashi . The Kizashi top mount, in my opinion, is a bit weak by design . I wouldnt alter it. If you can wait awhile, the revised oem part 42250-57L03 can be purchased for less than $20 bucks each through fitinpart.sg the bad news is it may take 6 weeks. I recently bought the oem belt tensioner for only $67 and rear sway bar bushings for a few dollars each.
johnhenrydale

old tech wrote:On the bump stop issue, the sb113 is a universal fit . Ived used many of these but never on a Kizashi . The Kizashi top mount, in my opinion, is a bit weak by design . I wouldnt alter it. If you can wait awhile, the revised oem part 42250-57L03 can be purchased for less than $20 bucks each through fitinpart.sg the bad news is it may take 6 weeks. I recently bought the oem belt tensioner for only $67 and rear sway bar bushings for a few dollars each.
So I ended up going for the KYB SB113 's because apparently there's literally only ONE OEM 4225057L03 bumpstopper in the USA right now. I also ordered a pair of the 4225057L03's from thatgmpartsguys.com but they will take 6-8 weeks to arrive because COVID.
2011 Kizashi Sport "GLS" 2WD
(GTS Upgrade project)
6sp MT
Azure Gray Metallic
Anthracite Gray Vossen CVT 19" / 5 x 114.3 +32