Speaker static

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
ipaqxman

Ive been experiencing worsening speaker static / popping noise, which seems to correlate with when i apply the brake. Ive found it to be more prominent when i first start the car, and also perhaps after rain. Coming from only the left passenger door speaker. This happens even when no source is selected or radio off. Anyone experienced this?
2011 Kizash SLS AWD
murcod

SLS = RF audio with amplifier in the boot/ trunk?

It could be noise (voltage spikes) from your alternator when it's charging the battery. The battery would be at it's lowest voltage just after starting, so maximum drain on the alternator. When it's fully charged the battery would act like a filter and reduce the spikes from the alternator.
David
ipaqxman

Yup SLS with RF woofer.

How can i fix it if alternator theory is true
The noise only comes from one speaker n only started past winter. Some googling says may be grounding issue?
2011 Kizash SLS AWD
sx4rocious

try adding a ground loop isolator. They're about 10 bucks at Radio Shack so if it didn't work, you wouldn't be out much...
SamirD

This does sound like a grounding issue. Are you still under warranty?
ipaqxman

I am. But as usual, everytime I bring the car to the dealer they cannot replicate the issue
2011 Kizash SLS AWD
SamirD

ipaqxman wrote:I am. But as usual, everytime I bring the car to the dealer they cannot replicate the issue
Hmm. Is there a way you can record the sound using a small video camera pointed at the speaker? Then, I'd give them the video clip and tell them to check out all grounds that could be an issue.

The other thing I'd do is check the service manual to find out where the grounds that may be related to this issue are and check them myself.
ipaqxman

I recorded it but they said without actually duplicating the symptom they wont even know what to check
2011 Kizash SLS AWD
SamirD

Wow, just wow. Morons. How can hearing a recording of it for preliminary diagnosis be any different than when it actually happens? :evil:

Stay away from those clowns. Just break open the Factory Service Manual and see what you can do on your own. And we'll help!