P050A engine light

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
hhh5115

No my light went off after the Lucas oil was added. I normally don't add anything to my gas.
bootymac

Where's your God now, Woodie? ;)
KuroNekko

Did you guys read this?
http://www.suzuki-forums.com/suzuki-kiz ... aning.html

It details that the very same CEL code was addressed by a Suzuki dealer by cleaning the throttle body and the fuel injectors. Given that hhh5115 used a fuel system cleaner and that cleared the CEL, it seems to indicate the problem could have been related to impurities/build-up in the fuel system that the fuel additive addressed. This would go to support the argument that fuel additives work. I think we all know where I stand on this given past discussions.

Regardless, if I had this CEL code come up, I'd check the air intake system as well and look for build-up in the throttle body components. I'd also make sure that the air filter is clean and that the intake has no signs of unfiltered air that is bypassing the air filter.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
hhh5115

Yeah I read the same thing, and a friend recommended it. Well I have a brand new k&n filter.
Woodie

I stand by what I said.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
hhh5115

Has anyone else had this check engine light come on? I had a tune up and they said they fixed it, well now it keeps on coming back on.
drZook

My 2012 Kizashi SLS FWD CVT just turned the CEL on. Scan shows P050A on. I will clean the throttle body and report what I find. Anyone know where I can find the TSB for this IACV code?
I looked here:
https://www.genuinesuzukimanuals.com/?rtn=2#pagebody
and did not find it.
Woodie

https://autoservicecosts.com/obd2-codes/p050a/

Unplug and replug everything you can get your hands on. This is ALWAYS good advice. I'd also check for a vacuum leak. The computer is asking the Intake Air Control to raise the idle for cold start, and it's seeing a different result than it expected.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
drZook

Thanks, Woodie. I will follow your advice, check connectors and look for a vacuum leak. I cleared the code from my OBD tool (OBDLINK MX+) and it has not yet returned. The CEL has been off for two days. Since it happened once, I assume it will repeat again. In the meantime, I will try to reassure my wife to not get too excited about it.