P050A engine light

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
hhh5115

Has anyone had the P050A engine light service come on? Is it covered under warranty? I have 47000 miles
murcod

Warranty coverage would depend on what country you live in - best to consult your owner's hand book. That code doesn't appear to be listed in the Suzuki workshop manual. http://www.dtcsearch.com/P050A/Generic/
David
hhh5115

Its not. I went to auto zone and they had to look it up under a Mazda. I'm in th USA , and they said it might be a cold start rough idle.
SamirD

At one point, I remember a TSB on the idle. So while it might not be covered under warranty, it might be an easy fix.
hhh5115

SamirD wrote:At one point, I remember a TSB on the idle. So while it might not be covered under warranty, it might be an easy fix.
Thanks
KuroNekko

hhh5115 wrote:Its not. I went to auto zone and they had to look it up under a Mazda. I'm in th USA , and they said it might be a cold start rough idle.
That P050A code is for the Cold Start Idle Air Control (IAC) System Performance for Suzukis as it is for many other makes. Many makes share the same CEL codes. I've learned this from both searching online and owning a CEL scanner tool.

More info on different makes using the same codes:
http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin ... post4.html

Sounds like some other Kizashi owner had this same code go off:
http://www.suzuki-forums.com/suzuki-kiz ... aning.html
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
hhh5115

I put Lucas oil in my gas tank the other day maybe a week ago and my light just went off randomly today!!
SamirD

Sweet! Keep driving and see if it comes back on. If not, then it could have been a fuel issue. If it does, then it could be something failing or a bad ground somewhere. Watch the temperature too as it may be more of an issue during warmer weather than cold or vice-versa.
hhh5115

I will! My extended warranty kicks back in in 10 days. I was a little mad that it happened in the middle of my warranty expriring and getting extended.
Woodie

hhh5115 wrote:I put Lucas oil in my gas tank the other day maybe a week ago and my light just went off randomly today!!
That's probably what the problem was, stop pouring majik potions on your car hoping it will fix something. This is just snake oil, they're stealing your money. Use good quality oil and gas and ignore anyone who tells you you need additives, they're a bad idea.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency