CVT - shifter feel in manual mode

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
babacu

A question directed at the CVT Kizashi owners: when in manual mode, does your shifter move the same way in both directions?

Mine moves very smoothly when pushed forward (smaller "gear"), but I notice a kind of two step (and slightly heavier) move when pulling it to get in a higher gear. If I am to offer an analogy, I'd say something like what you have on the photo cameras, when you press the trigger half way to focus then have to press a bit harder to take the picture.

I tried another Kizashi on the dealership's lot and it felt the same. But they might very well have been from the same batch, I think the dealer moved about 6 in total from the moment they started selling them...

I'm wondering whether this is the normal feel or it's something I should have the service guys verify.

TIA.
Minority

I checked mine on the drive home today and it's the same (maybe it's those ex-british colonies cars again).
babacu

Minority wrote:I checked mine on the drive home today and it's the same (maybe it's those ex-british colonies cars again).
Thanks, good to know I'm not alone. I guess that's what one gets for still pledging allegiance to the queen. :-)
JDReichert

After reading this posting, I took mine, an SLS, out and tried it. The feel of the shifting lever is exactly the same either up or down. Very smooth with no notching or other odities. Ours was built in October 2009 and has 5,188 miles on it.

Jerry - Kizashi SLS, 1977 Mercedes-Benz 280SL (euro), 1983 BMW 633CSi 5 speed
lookin

i did the same feel is same either up or down ....there goes the queen
GREG

no difference in mine
Senegal

no difference in mine either
quickzilverfox

No difference here...but I have noticed that sometimes my display says I'm in 6th, but I can get an RPM drop by shifting up again...a hidden 7th gear?
O.o
2010 Azure Gray Metallic AWD Kizashi SLS