how much rear wheel camber??

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
GREG

How much negative camber is normal on the AWD. I walked out of the house yesterday and happened to notice what looked like the top of the rear wheels tipping in quite a bit. I thought it might be an optical illusion but did dirt check, by dirtying the tires and measuring the clean patch on the outside I get about 1 1/2 inches of clean rubber. This will most certainly wear the insides of the (not cheap) tires out. Just wondering if my alignment is out or are they all this way. thanks
SX4toKizashi

Check the owners manual.
GREG

Thanks, checked manual but does not specify rear. with 16 views I thought someone would look at theirs. It is really obvious looking at it from the rear. I can actually shine a flashlight under the outside 1"-1.5" inch or so of the tire where it does not hit the ground. Any feedback greatly appreciated. On a positive note i hit 750 miles and my mpg is definitely going up.
TheHolyGhost

I'll take a look later today and let you know.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
gaww

I just checked mine with a carpenter lever, and both front and rear are slightly tipped in (not really noticeable - that is why I used the level). It sounds like yours is way off. I would think a trip to Suzuki service is in order, as it must have been delivered this way so they should do an alignment for you.

We would all be interested if you do take it in to see what the settings should be. If slight negative camber is routine for both front and rear, then we would know what to look out for.
GREG

thanks gaww, i checked mine with a pitch-angle level and get around 3-4 degrees negative camber on rear only , both sides though.
gaww

What we need now are specs.

There was a posting on here with some of the service manual sections - going to look to see if they are in any of them.

PS - not in there.

I tried to order the specs from the source of the posting info, but their webpage (http://suzukipitstopplus.com/) seems to be screwed up.
GREG

I contacted my nearest dealer for the specs which i did not get but they want to look at it friday and put on machine to verify. i will try to get print out for my records.
gaww

GREG wrote:I contacted my nearest dealer for the specs which i did not get but they want to look at it friday and put on machine to verify. i will try to get print out for my records.
Any update ?
GREG

The guy at the dealer knows it all and said i was wasting my time that it is the way it it is for handling and to wait till the first rotation to see if there is any abnormal wear. still couldn't get any numbers from them so i went to a friends repair shop where their alignment computer was just updated and got the specs. Rear camber is -.8 min to -1.8 max front is -.5 to-1.5. all i can say is my rear is way more than the front and i don't believe they are in spec. even if they are in spec they will sure as hell wear tires early. bottom line; my friend at the shop will hook me up with specs that work for him on most vehicles to save the tires and get a little better mileage.