Warranty replacement & TSB - clutch pedal box

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
Wonson92

Been inactive a while but just thought id share my recent experience for anyone who experiences the same.

About 2 weeks ago my clutch developed a click/creak noise similar to described in this old thread http://www.kizashiclub.com/forum/viewto ... =12&t=2669 I never really had time to investigate as I've been flat out the past few months.

Last Friday I was driving through some windy streets with heaps of gear changes when there was a pretty loud bang and the clutch petal went limp. I managed to get it back to Suzuki after a lot of effort and dodgy grinding where it had to stay for 3 days waiting for the new clutch pedal box as the old one was cracked. First time my kizashis been off the road over night :( anyway my dealer said today when I picked it up that it was becoming a common issue and although he hadn't seen it himself there were a lot of other replacements in the system and the petal box bracket had actually been redesigned due to it?

I was given the bulletin reference number Q-A6B-005 for the issue but my rushed searching hasn't found anything. Hopefully this helps one of the fellow 6sp drivers out :) Keep an ear out for the creak I guess!
2011 Premium Silver XL

Learn. Do. Break. Fix. Explore. Save. Repeat
Speed_Racer

About how many miles when your box cracked?
'12 Kizashi,'03 SV650,'04 DL1000
bootymac

Well that's worrying.
Wonson92

Sorry for the late reply haha. Had 53,000kms on the car. Ive searched a bit more but still havnt found any additional info. Could almost he recall worthy really? Id be interested to know when the bulletin was first posted!
2011 Premium Silver XL

bootymac

Any chance you could get more info from the dealer? Maybe part numbers for the redesigned parts?
Wonson92

All I have is the part numbers for what was installed, not the originals:
Clutch pedal bracket : SZ4972057L01
Bracket pedal reo (?) : SZ4972957L00

Not sure if these match up with the originals or what?
2011 Premium Silver XL

Moto
Site Admin

Take sz off the front and the googles can find it.

It doesn't look like it is part that would be easy to find.
shazcon

At 55000 my clutch box snapped too. I put my foot on the clutch heard a bang but it went into gear etc so didnt think much of it. A few thousand km later i took it to the m ed chanic and now with only 55700 only the odometre the box is dangling and my car is undrivable as is. I too have heard this being a common issue with the 2011 models. Just my luck too as it ran out of warrenty 2 months ago. =€
KuroNekko

If it becomes a more common problem, it will likely be a recall as it affects the normal operation, therefore safety, of the vehicle.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
GTR

Hi, Wonson92. My 2010 build Kizashi's clutch starting clicking yesterday at 55,000 km. I have determined that one of the linkages from the pedal box (which is welded to the massive aluminium tube running through the dash), is cracked.

This appears to be the only linkage forward of the firewall which prevents the whole clutch assembly from 'sinking' to the floor when the clutch is pressed in. It's a very poor design. What makes things worse is that the linkage is welded to the pedal box and the aluminium tube, which makes it impossible to simply replace.

I don't think mine will last long before the linkage snaps altogether.

Would you mind disclosing how much the Suzuki dealer charged you for the repair?

Furthermore, the Q-A6B-005 reference you were given by the Suzuki dealer pertains to the safety recall campaign for the drive belt tensioner.