Warranty replacement & TSB - clutch pedal box

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
KuroNekko

hans wrote:Hi KuroNekko,

Thanks for your fast reply we're in Australia and yes the car is out of warranty, but Suzuki should be able to do something at least? The car is also right hand drive could be that your theory is correct? I wonder if Suzuki will actually do anything now, my wife and child were in the car at the time and almost had an accident due to the fact that we couldn't get the car into gear and we was stuck in the middle of an intersection, it was a bit scary just don't want this to happen to anybody else or worse kill someone.
This should really be a recall given it's happening to a number of people with RHD manuals. If it affects the safe driving of a vehicle, it's recall-worthy. As for fixing this issue out of warranty or recall, it looks like it's been done by a few people in Australia that experienced the issue. I believe there might be another topic thread on this forum about it. I also drive a manual Kizashi but I'm in the US. I haven't heard of this cracked clutch pedal box among North American manual Kizashis so I think it's an issue with RHD models.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
hans

We have managed to get the car to the dealer with the car practically impossible to drive non the less its getting fixed. After back and forth phone calls with the dealer and head office they plan to fix the car without charging for the part and I'll just pay for labour which is fantastic for me, but doesn't take car of the actual problem which is the part needs a recall. I have spoken to a few other people and they said to maybe contact Suzuki head office in japan, and take it right to the top. will try and find Suzuki japan email address might cost heaps to call japan from here :D thanks for all your help and advice its greatly appreciated
G13b

Was on my way to Sydney Airport and heard a loud bang after that was a bit of a challenge when changing gears I think the clutch pedal broke. Luckily I managed to get home safely however the car wont start maybe is in limp mode.

Could someone please help me out on how to make it start whilst car is in limp mode?

Hans, if you dont mind me asking which Suzuki dealer agrees to fix the issue without charging for the part?
If you write wash on mycar I will carve resuscitate me on your chest.
hans

Hi g12b, sorry to hear about your recent issue, we had our car fixed at morooka Suzuki dealership in qld. We had to plead with them to get that far as they still think that this not a big issue, they fixed the pedal box and put an extra bracket behind to re enforce the pedal box from future breakage. Suzuki obviously know this is an issue by now but refuse to recall. got tired of back and forth calls between the dealership and head office giving me the run around total cost in the end was $500. first got quoted $1000, don't accept anything more then $500 they will try and fob you off the fact that the dash needs to come off. i believe its about two days work.
G13b

Hans, thanks for the quick reply. This is my biggeest worry getting Suzuki to fix the issue and them to absorb the cost..Certainly is a recall issue for sure.

Just wondering whether you had issue on starting the car also? I cant seems to press the clutch down any longer. :facepalm:
hans

We definitely had trouble starting the car as you need to push the clutch in to start. Was a complete nightmare. One thing that might help you out. I had a friend use the tire iron wedged it under the clutch pedal box and it was at least drive able. Before he did that we had major issues changing gears and starting. I wouldn't recommend driving very far with the tire iron wedged under as it is dangerous. But will get you out of trouble, and to drive to get it fixed. Let me know how you go, and If you need anymore info.

Hans
G13b

Have organised tow truck send my car to Penrith Suzuki dealer tomorrow to diagnosed what the issue is which I already told them. Warranted that this is a recall issue no doubt.

If all goes well, should be cover under warranty but will see. If not, then last resort to write a letter to NSW Department Fair Trading.
thakurhitesh10

The same thing happened to me 2 days ago, there was a loud bang and the clutch pedal sank to the floor, i can select the gears but its really difficult. My local mechanic says we need to change the clutch plate assembly, but i highly doubt it. What do you guys suggest?
My car has done 58000kms now. And is currently disassembled at the local mechanic with the clutch plate out. Any urgent reply will be helpful.
KuroNekko

thakurhitesh10 wrote:The same thing happened to me 2 days ago, there was a loud bang and the clutch pedal sank to the floor, i can select the gears but its really difficult. My local mechanic says we need to change the clutch plate assembly, but i highly doubt it. What do you guys suggest?
My car has done 58000kms now. And is currently disassembled at the local mechanic with the clutch plate out. Any urgent reply will be helpful.
Have the mechanic inspect the clutch pedal bracket carefully. This means removing the carpet and trim in the footwell area. I believe if the issue is the broken clutch pedal bracket, you may be able to see the damage. This thread used to contain photos of what the damage looked like. Either way, given the clutch plate is already out, the mechanic will soon know whether his diagnosis was correct or not.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
hans

hi thakurhitesh10,
Your mechanic is more then likely right unfortunately the loud bang and clutch pedal to the floor would suggest a clutch plate issue ( i am no mechanic tho)
in my case there was no loud bang or any indication something was wrong until i could no longer change gears properly.

We took the car down to the local mechanic and he said it was the slave cylinder and everything else under the sun, thought i'd try my luck and paid $20 of something to that effect from suzuki to diagnose the problem, within 10 minutes they found the issue which was the clutch pedal box.

I do hope for your sake that it really is the pedal box as a new clutch plate will be very expensive, suzuki do make a reinforced plate that sits behind the pedal box. I can see if i can find the receipt of the part number if need be.