Key Fob Reprogram

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
DesRado

Yeah, mine did not come with a 2nd fob. I assume the original owner lost it, but your take on it wouldn't surprise me either. Luckily mine came with the manual in the glove box. The listing said it did not have one, I guess they couldn't find it in it's tucked away pocket. lol
2012 Platinum Silver Kizashi GTS, 6SP

SamirD

LPSISRL wrote:For anyone in the future who needs a key fob, you can find them on ebay and other sites often for less than $50. They just need to be reprogrammed. I believe that a technique used of less than reputable used car dealers and auction houses is to provide one fob with the car and then sell the other one by some other means for a little more profit. I don't know how many used cars I've looked at that only had one fob. I suspect they do the same with the owner's manual as so many are missing that as well.
You know, I never thought about it that way, but that is an easy way to make up some extra money. Our Kizashi is missing the factory emergency kit and I can't seem to find a replacement. But it did have a metal Kizashi license plate frame in its place. :)
kimile

Hey guys, is a used key can be reprogrammed to my kisashi. i got a kisashi with only one key and i want to buy a used one from ebay and ask the local lock smith to reprogram it. You guess now how muchthe key is on ebay.... 120.......
Woodie

I believe your answer is right here in this thread. You need the car and a Suzuki body diagnostic computer that only a dealer would have. It's possible that some aftermarket solution has been introduced to the Locksmithing industry, but that's a question for your locksmith.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
Ronzuki

Woodie wrote: You need the car and a Suzuki body diagnostic computer that only a dealer would have.
good luck w/ that...per Kuro, ex-dealers that were once possibly Suzuki approved service centers after the bail-out are now relegated to merely a parts pipeline to Japan. Those that still are, and are capable, and willing, are going to be few and far between.

D'Ambrosio's Fiat in Frazer PA is now, apparently, capable to comm w/ the Kizashi in order to accomplish such tasks per the thread from the guy who's column lock was giving him fits. I believe he also had FOBs paired to his car.

We (mods) should probably start a sticky thread with input from members to KNOWN places that have the ability to FULLY connecrt and communicate with our vehicles...all aspects. I'd called Tony at D'Ambosio's last week and talked to him directly about the communications difficulties (he thanked me for the referral as well). They are now good to go thanks to the guy from Allentown's need. Add them to the list.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
LPSISRL

How it's done:
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
bdleonard

kimile wrote:Hey guys, is a used key can be reprogrammed to my kisashi. i got a kisashi with only one key and i want to buy a used one from ebay and ask the local lock smith to reprogram it. You guess now how muchthe key is on ebay.... 120.......
A Suzuki service center can do it, if they have the proper additional equipment for their Suzuki SDT2 tool. A locksmith can also do it for you with the right equipment. Another Example (with an existing fob):

You may also want to get a blank emergency key for the extra fob, and have it cut to match your existing emergency key.
kimile

bdleonard wrote:
kimile wrote:Hey guys, is a used key can be reprogrammed to my kisashi. i got a kisashi with only one key and i want to buy a used one from ebay and ask the local lock smith to reprogram it. You guess now how muchthe key is on ebay.... 120.......
A Suzuki service center can do it, if they have the proper additional equipment for their Suzuki SDT2 tool. A locksmith can also do it for you with the right equipment. Another Example (with an existing fob):

You may also want to get a blank emergency key for the extra fob, and have it cut to match your existing emergency key.
Thanks a lot. I will try