Headunits compatible with factory reversing camera? Android Auto / Car Play

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
E5TOQUE

Hey everyone,

1st post here.

The Kizashi's in Australia all come standard with GPS and Reversing Camera now. The same head unit is fitted to the Swift and Vitara. I am guessing its the same in overseas markets too?

- I was wondering if anyone knows what reversing camera Suzuki use?
- I was also wondering if its possible to get an aftermarket headunit (that supports Android Auto or Car Play) that is compatible with the factory reversing camera?

Having to have the cars interior ripped apart to remove the existing reversing camera and to install a new one would be a huge pain so any advice on this would be great.
ciscokidinsf

Only one I've seen well done (see link below), but you lose steering wheel functionality (if you had it) is here. As for the camera, I think you can replace the end unit without replacing the whole cable setup.

This guy found a pretty decent Android unit - I like it, but I dont want to lose steering wheel controls:

http://www.suzuki-forums.com/suzuki-kiz ... tions.html
Erik2mark

E5TOQUE wrote:Hey everyone,

1st post here.

The Kizashi's in Australia all come standard with GPS and Reversing Camera now. The same head unit is fitted to the Swift and Vitara. I am guessing its the same in overseas markets too?

- I was wondering if anyone knows what reversing camera Suzuki use?
- I was also wondering if its possible to get an aftermarket Android Auto head unit (that supports Android Auto or Car Play) that is compatible with the factory reversing camera?

Having to have the cars interior ripped apart to remove the existing reversing camera and to install a new one would be a huge pain so any advice on this would be great.
I was wondering if anyone knows what reversing camera Suzuki use?