CVT oil change

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
vlade.alek

Hi guys, i just bought suzuki sx4 2010 with CVT transmission, it has steering wheel shifters also. Car have 48k miles, i don't know if the previous owner have changed CVT oil. Car makes slightly nose when pulling away from start. It could be oil in CVT?
G13b

Your in the wrong forum, by the way what is the color of your sx4?

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk
If you write wash on mycar I will carve resuscitate me on your chest.
Ronzuki

Kiz has basically the same CVT as the SX4...so it's a valid question here as well.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
KuroNekko

Ronzuki wrote:Kiz has basically the same CVT as the SX4...so it's a valid question here as well.
Plus many Kizashi owners are current or former owners of SX4s.

To answer the original question, I'm not sure on the maintenance schedule on the SX4's CVT, but I'd personally change out the CVT fluid at that mileage. If it has a transmission filter like conventional automatics, I'd replace that too.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Ronzuki

There's no service interval for a fluid change on the Kiz and I've decided to let it go. Goes against every fiber in me, but there you have it. WESHOOT had a @165k on his first car, drove it like he stole it and never complained about the CVT. If it ain't broke don't fix it...works for me.

There is a 'replaceable' filter in the Kiz's trans which, of course, means opening it up to replace it. Particulate, even very fine particles, is the enemy in a CVT from what I've read so I'm not really thrilled about opening it up at all. There are two different p/n's depending on the model year so it's possible there may be different ones for the SX4 CVT as well depending on the year. I've seen them and they're nothing special. A 'course' metal screen to trap metal flakes and chunks (most likely manufacturing residue). Check with a service center parts dept. and they can look up by your VIN. Can't speak to the SX4 as I've never conversed with the parts manager specifically about our SX4's trans.
Ron

Ronzuki

Oh you'll need the pan gasket (separate p/n) as well which is pretty salty as is the fluid itself.
Ron

KuroNekko

Is the Kizashi CVT fluid pan sealed without a drain plug? Is the transmission filter a panel type and not a spin-on like the oil filter? If yes to both, servicing the transmission will be a pain in the ass.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Ronzuki

Don't recall if there's a drain plug or not. Only had that side's plastic under cover off once a while ago.
The filter itself is an all metal 'panel' type (of sorts). Pan has to come off to replace it.
Ron

vlade.alek

I find this oil

http://www.ebay.com/itm/8-Quarts-Automa ... 84&vxp=mtr

, its OE, it should be fine. What symptoms will have bad CVT transmission? My car begun to have some vibrations when its in D(drive) gear at full stop. When i put i N(neutral) shaking stops. Any opinions ?
LPSISRL

The little vibration while in gear and idling is perfectly normal. I think every one of us with the CVT experiences that. In neutral? Smooth. Manual transmission? Smooth. CVT in drive idling? Vibration. Never checked, but you might even find that the RPM sitting in drive while idling is a little less than the manual and definitely less than the CVT in park.
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)