iPhone 4 Bluetooth help.

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
metatrox

Alright this is my first post as i just got my car yesterday. Silver SLS.

Ok so Can I set my iPhone up as both a phone and Audio under bluetooth at the same time? I want to be able to stream music from my hone over bluetooth and when i get a call i can use the car system.

I cant seem to figure out how to do this. Can someone walk me through this? Or is it not possible?

BTW I also seem to have the surging audio volume even with the speed control off. :(
2010 SLS, Platinum Silver.
lookin

I dont have the same system you have but it should be simple with the iphone try just going into settings on iphone go into general turn on bluetooth should see the system click connect with the iphone you should be on you can stream music and when phone rings it will mute to answer phone which is pretty standard i have the iphone4..or just hit the bluetooth on steering wheel and follow the prompts its really not hard i wish i could do it for you
metatrox

I cant seem to get the system to use the phone as both the phone and bt-a. Seems like when i choose one the other doesnt work.
When i first set my phone up it asks if you want phone only or phone and bt-a. I said both but no go. only one at a time for some reason. I cant figure it out.

Also i am trying to set up my wives iphone too.

Another question. Is there a simple way of selecting the phone when you first get in? Or is it supposed to automatically do it?
2010 SLS, Platinum Silver.
TheHolyGhost

It should automatically pair with the phone, I'm not sure how it decides when you have two phones it's been paired with in the car at the same time. My blackberry works as both a phone and with stereo bluetooth at the same time. It automatically switches to phone when I receive a call.

Also, if you search on the site you'll see a few posts about the surging audio issue. There seems to be a TSB out on the issue. Dealers have been replacing amps with this problem.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
lookin

once you get the phone paired with bluetooth it should stream also
ThunderSky

Just a suggestion but I'd guess you would have to pair your Iphone 2 times.
If you are already set up for the Bluetooth phone, then select the BT-A on the radio, then hit your bluetooth control on the steering wheel and it should prompt you to pair again as an Audio device.
2011 Kizashi SX - AWD
2008 Honda Civic
2007 Saturn Sky Redline
2001 Mazda Protege
autopiolet

I believe the car blue tooth devise asks if you want to pair with the internal audio (or phone only, something like that) and I chose the internal audio and that was all I needed to do to get streaming audio and the phone. I have an HTC EVO phone.