Rear Seat Question

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
Danbob

Hey guys,

Got our Kizashi SE AWD, LOVE it. Awesome car. Glad I made the switch from Subaru. Feels like a cross between an Audi A4 and a Jetta. Anyway, we bought a demo with 8900 miles on it that really has been maintained meticulously by the general manager of the dealer. What I want to know is....Have any of you lifted up on the cushion of the back seat at all and noticed that it comes up very easily if you lift it? Is this only my car or have other people experienced this? My car was manufactured in November of 2009 and I was just wondering if the seat was supposed to do this? I can literally lift up the cushion right off the seat frame as if I was going to vacuum under it. Normally in past cars, these have been either bolted or snapped in. I am just nervous because we are putting a newborn in this vehicle very shortly and I need it to be perfectly safe. So....go out and check your back seat and let me know what you find out!

Thanks!

Dan
TheHolyGhost

I'm pretty sure it should snap in. I know it's pretty tough to get back on, so I wonder if the dealer popped it off at some point and then didn't manage to reinstall it properly. It's probably worth looking into. You shouldn't be able to just lift it.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
Danbob

thought so - I am betting they unsnapped it to clean it before we took delivery or something....I will try to pop them back in myself. Thanks!
lookin

Im going to try this with my car later and let you know
Danbob

anyone ever figure this out? Our baby is here and I dont have time to go to the dealer to snap them into place so I want to do it myself if anyone knows how.
sloopercat

I had mine out to route the XM antenna. It fits into some slots in the rear, then the wire loops near the front snap into some plastic fittings and hold the seat tight. Sounds like the rear is not seated in correctly and that is not allowing the front to snap into place. I would pop it all the way out and look for the proper alignment places. Could also be a seat belt connector stuck in the wrong place. It takes a good yank to pop it out if it is fit properly. The seat pops out by grabbing the front edge and giving it a good yank, then slip it forward a bit to clear the rear mount slots. Hope that helps, most cars are set up this way. Install is the reverse, fit the rear of the seat into the slots, clear all the seat belt stuff into it's proper place then push the front into the clips, it will click in and feel solid. Maybe there is a large bag of money stuck under there?
lookin

yes i did it its just a snap into place i wouldnt worry
jimmerz

If you attach the car seat properly you shouldn't have to worry about the seat cushions...I'm pretty sure the safety latches will stay in place and your child will be fine. JUST DON'T WRECK!

I will check mine now as well, just because. Good luck.
2010 Suzuki Kizashi SE
CVT AWD
Black
I stole the avatar because I liked it!
JDReichert

After reading your posting I went out and tried mine. It is in very tight. I would have your dealer's service department make sure it is in correctly, that way you know your childern are safe.

Jerry Reichert - 2010 SLS, 1977 Mercedes-Benz 280SL, 1983 BMW 633CSi
TheHolyGhost

I agree with JD, if you are unsure, there's no sense taking any risk. Especially with your child's safety at risk. Better safe than sorry!
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES