USB Connection

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
wickensboy

When I connect my MP3 player to the USB port I get the message " USB Not Supported" Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong or how to fix this. My MP3 player is a Samsung YP-P2.
TheHolyGhost

Does it have a way to turn on some sort of "Mass Storage Mode"? The car needs to be able to browse the files on the MP3 player.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
lookin

did you try just plugging it out and plugging it right back in ...or is there some sort of cancel some units does this routinely but might actually still work
autopiolet

It is my understanding that the USB port is only for APPLE products i.e. iphone
TheHolyGhost

It'll work with any device that has USB storage mode. Flash drives will work.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
autopiolet

Actually I do use the USB to charge my HTC EVO. I tried running my SANSA MP3 player through it but I got a message it was not supported.
lookin

Thats right flash drives work well i actually use a 4 gig flash as my music i just put music folders and i got hundreds of songs on there now thats a serious selection of songs more than i need but its good to have... Also for the poster are your songs mp3
wickensboy

Thanks, I was able to connect using the Blu-T audio and it works fine.
Shaneous

yeah, basically, if you can connect your device to a PC and have the memory / storage card appear as a drive - it should work fine in the Kickasshi.

Includes a range of mobile phones with storage cards, flash drives etc. I-pods have their own software in the head unit to handle playlists etc. You'll note 'USB" come up on the head unit display for a compatible drive and 'IPOD' will show for a compatible Ipod.

I personally use a HTC HD2 with a 16GB internal card for my music. Will get an ipod at some stage so I can have playlists, but for now its great (plus it charges my phone).
darrylh

:( I have tried 2 different USB keys and can't get it working.
They both appear OK on my PC as drives, and play MP3's fine, but all I get in the car is USB UNSUPPORTED.

Does the unit only support specific brand USB keys???