USB Connection

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
TheHolyGhost

Wasn't aware of that. Sorry about that. My only other suggestion, and this is kind of a lame work around, would be creating playlist folders, with the actual files that you want to be in a playlist. Sucks, I know, but it should work.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
Shaneous

yes I suppose I could - thanks. Might play with that until I can get an ipod for the car. (getting sick of plugging the phone in and out all the time). I'd probably only remove the ipod if I was parking the car somewhere notably suspect.
ale3to

I bought a western digital my passport usb hard drive from Costco for 69 dollars 500 Gs
have already load like 300 Gs of Mp3 in folders by artist
It works awesome what else can you ask for
TheHolyGhost

I'd worry a little about using a regular hard drive in the car, they're not really designed to that kind of environment, with the vibrations and such. They are designed to be travel drives though, so maybe they have some protection built in.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
ale3to

IMAG0185.jpg
IMAG0186.jpg
I'm so sorry guys to miss inform you all!!!!!

As i said before i put all my music in a portable hard drive and was listening to it perfectly
I was going just on random mode since it is a lot of giga of music
it worked find until i realized i could not find a song
please read the owner's manual and you will notice that the stereo system will recognize only 4 gigabytes of any mass storage that you connet to it
so i'm buying 4giga usb drives for 9 dollars at a local store and filling them up with my music
alread have like 6
i like this kingston because since they are foldable it allows me to put them through a cord and close the compartment
the owner' manual also said it has to be fat32 file system
Samfield

I am using a 4GB USB thumb drive (Best Buy house brand) and it works fine. I ripped the MP3s at a higher bit rate and it sounds great. Unfortunately I have not been able to get my iPod working yet, but I am pefectly content using the thumb drive.
Jezza

I'm using a 4GB flash drive at the moment, but tried out my 8GB flash drive with about 6GB of music on it an some video files in a different sub folder and it saw all the music so don't quite understand why the manual says under 4GB.

Can anyone tell me if there is a way of searching the USB for the folder you want, without selecting each folder as you go and waiting to see what it is? Makes looking for albums very tedious. I've resorted to carrying a print out of the folder tree of the drive from windows explorer to see what folder's are on there, but it still means I need to hand write in the folder number against each folder, once I've gone through the whole lot individually. It all so seams that the stereo sorts out the folders based on the order in which it was copied to the drive. Even if you click and drag a whole lot of folders at once, it may not copy in alphabetical order, which means the times wont correspond alphabetically with the folders. Any one else frustrated by this?

Is there a way to make it sort out folders alphabetically?
TObject

I use three Kingston DataTraveler 112 - 4 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drives (DT112K/4GBCL). These match the interior perfectly, when one is plugged it it looks just like a part of the car.

If somebody posts a definitive explanation on the 4 GB limit the manual warns about, that would be great. I also wouldn't mind to start using larger drives.
Shaneous

Sounds like a standard disk partition size limitation (i.e the head unit software can not access anything above a standard partition size of 4gb) ... not sure how this fits in with larger capacity devices like an ipod.. maybe the ipod uses different interface software?

Does anyone know if you use an >4gb IPOD if it reads it all?

I'd kinda like to know more detail myself as I am thinkling of getting an IPOD for the car.
will2k

I just bought a tiny Verbatim 4gb USB which isnt even an inch long :D so i can leave it plugged in and it barely sticks out + i can keep that compartment always closed as i never use the cigarette lighter etc.

My ipod works but it's too much mucking around with all the cables etc and it doesnt let me pick certain playlists it just plays whatever lol

Heres my USB! Mine is light blue in colour though http://www.beststuff.com/images/articles/031009j.jpg
MODS: catback exhaust, RRM SRI, 6000k HID, white led's all round, 22% tint, Rear swaybar, LED drl's, chrome stealth turn signal, scanguage II.

Sound system: 2 x Alpine 6.5" speakers, 2ch Pioneer amp and Fusion 10" subwoofer tube