Steering?

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
Sarahlu03

Maybe it might be that I am not completely use to the Kizashi yet.. I just purchased my car about 2 weeks ago, but the other day while driving i hit a pot hole, (trust me i didn't see it or I would have swerved out of the way!) but the entire steering wheel jerked and i was TERRIFIED!!! and it happened again the other day while i was driving thru a parking lot and went over a speed bump, the whole wheel jerked one way then back again... is this normal with the kizashi? or is there a problem....
thank you for your help!
Moto
Site Admin

It is probably normal. The kizashi like most Japanese cars provides feedback for what is really happing with the road. If you hit the speed bump perfectly strait on then you may have a problem.

It is actually a good thing to be able to tell what is happening to your wheels on the road.

Your car doesn't pull one direction when driving on the highway does it? If it does have your dealer check the alignment.
TheHolyGhost

I have noticed a little more bump steer on this car than my previous car, but I chalked it up at least partly to it being FWD, my last two cars were AWD. I think it's normal, it did catch me off guard the first time though.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
lookin

yes this is pretty normal the funny good thing is the car stays its direction but i do get that jerk from time to time im pretty used to it now when i see bumps in the road i just hold a little firmer.it is scary the first time though
autopiolet

I notice it when going over speed bumps and pulling into some entrances that go from asphalt to concrete at shopping centers. I have been thinking it is because of my 18 inch wheels.
Sarahlu03

I didn't notice if it pulled in one direction or not, honestly I was terrified that it seemed like my steering wheel did an 180! But next time i will for sure try to pay more attention, now that I know it is "normal" so to speak, but If it does just jerk the wheel but the car stays straight then i will just have to get use to it. I am just worried that the car will end up going in the direction of the jerk and I'll crash my car again, I had a 07 mazda 6, and that was my BABY!! till i crashed head on going 70 into a concrete barrier! Gotta love black ice! So it is just a "safety feature" that Suzuki has on the Kizashi? just to make the driver pay more attention to the road?
babacu

It's been noticed by some reviewers, too. I think it's considered feedback, and most seem to appreciate it.
Here's a related quote: "The steering lets you know what the tires feel, especially when you hit the occasional patch of unpaved dirt that pockmarks the Alaska Highway."

Read more: http://blogs.motortrend.com/6682495/mis ... z0yZ0p96lQ
Sarahlu03

Does anyone know if i go back to the dealership and ask for an "alignment check" as moto suggested how much somehting like that might cost?
Moto
Site Admin

4 wheel alignment cost typically range between $60 and $100, but will probably only fix your problem if your car is consistently pulling one direction when you drive in a strait line. Another thing to check is to see if any of your tires are experiencing more tread loss than the others.