USB/Aux/Fm Modulator

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
Sarahlu03

Since the Kizashi doesn't have an AUX and it seem that I am not the only person having this problem... I have a ZUNE. someone suggested that I get an ipod with a broken screen... but I just really HATE apple products. So I have callled around to several different places and every one suggested that I get an fm modulator, Best Buy suggested getting the ISimple that is for $139.99 and that includes the Geek Squad installing, which I don't think is too terrible, but I was wondering if anyone has happened to have one of these installed in their Kizashi, or in anyother car... how is the sound quality? Does it sound pretty close to a CD? Or do you have to have the volume on both the mp3 player and the radio at full blast? also is there any static that comes in? I know that the wirless ones suck, and I can't begin to tell you how much money I've wasted on those! So I was thinking that a hard wired one would be the way to go, since Suzuki didn't install one... Why they wouldn't do this on a 2010, I have NO clue.. I mean Kias even have it as a standard!
Thanks
Sarahlu03

Or I was looking online has anyone tried an USB to AUX cable? Does something like this actually work?
TheHolyGhost

I've never heard of that, I'm not really sure how that would work.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
metatrox

I have used an "inline" FM modulator before. The quality is far above a wireless one but not quite CD by any means. Its very usable but not great. By "inline" i mean the FM modulator plugs into your antenna plug on the radio and the antenna plugs into the FM Mod. When you turn the FM Mod on it cuts out the antenna completely so no interference. I used mine for an Xbox back in the day in my moms Suzuki Aerio. LOL

Would be interesting to see if you could make a plug that would allow you to use the XM button.
2010 SLS, Platinum Silver.
Shaneous

USB gives you the head unit control over playlists / skip etc, no in general it is far better than rca's etc. As much as I also dislike the apple-cart, i'd much rather get a cheap ipod (or keep using flash drives and my phone) for the car and retain full control and good quality sounds than look at fm transmitters etc.

Ideally the audio system would have had USB and RCA inputs.. but I think it's pretty rare to find both. it's usually either / or from what I have seen in Australia anyway.

Aside from all that, it does suprise me that zunes dont appear as usb mass storage.
sloopercat

http://www.google.com/products/catalog? ... CCAQ8gIwAA#

Finally gave up and got one of these. For less than $30, it seems like the best path for now.
Sarahlu03

slooper cat.... how is the sound quality with it? I've heard that it is about the same as a cassette player.. or does it seem pretty close to a cd or radio?
sloopercat

Sarahlu03 wrote:slooper cat.... how is the sound quality with it? I've heard that it is about the same as a cassette player.. or does it seem pretty close to a cd or radio?
It will be several weeks before I get it done. Has to be a better connection than the I-trip, which is better than nothing. I had a 6 hour drive this AM, XM is the best thing ever for a long roadtrip.