Replacement Key Fob

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
daveerrington

My 2011 Kizashi was recently stolen. The car has been recovered, but not the prox key. I only had one prox key as I brought it secondhand.

Local Suzuki dealer has the car, and 2 new fobs. After 4 days, they now tell me it needs a new Keyless Start Module.

Has anybody come across this issue before?

Dave
KuroNekko

I don't know the details of how it all works, but I find it a bit strange that a vehicle component would be require replacement to program all new fobs. If I were you, I'd contact Suzuki Corporate to inquire about the issue to get the details. It's my understanding that dealerships can pair fobs to cars without replacing vehicle components.

http://www.suzukiauto.com/Contact.aspx
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Ronzuki

My first thought is Who steals a Kizashi?? Then I gather the FOB was left in it since the only one you had went missing along with the car.
Anyway, I think there may be some security involved with the process of pairing a new FOB. You may be required to have at least one valid FOB (as in you are the legit owner of the car) to be able to pair a second or third one to the car's existing car ignition module. If you have none, this doesn't surprise me that the keyless start module must be replaced. In this case, you don't have any FOBs. Your better off anyway replacing everything at this point because there are now two FOBs floating around out there that could be used to appropriate your car again. Unless, there's a way to 'reset' and wipe the car's original module clean of previous pairings and that apparently seems doubtful. My old '04 Rubicon had the factory Mopar Sentry Key ignition, and I know that system required at least one valid (maybe even both I forget the procedure) paired key in order for me to program the third key I'd purchased to the ignition.

Likely going to be crazy expensive for the whole deal. Module, installation, (2) FOBs and paring. Why anyone would buy a used car w/o two functioning remotes, simply due to the costs involved with any of it, still baffles me.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
Tom Kizzie

kizashi 6mt black