Air conditioner vent clips

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
pricey369

Has anyone out there had issues with air conditioner vent clips falling off? This is the 3rd time now, where in summer they just go brittle and fall off? Each time has been under warranty but what is concerning me is that it will come out of warranty this year and if it occurs again I will be up for all costs. They have to remove the dash to replace them. I know of one Kizashi within the group has had the same issue but wanting to know if this is a common fault? Any feedback would be great as I'm putting my case forward to Suzuki Australia in the event it happens again (going on history of my car it will happen again). I don't move the vents and I have never had anything placed on the vents like phone holder or air freshener (local dealer tried to state this was the initial problem on the first time) but I think they realized it was not the case on the second time. Car is in the dealer now going for the 3rd round. I'm interested if other Kizashi owners have had dramas with their vent cips and had it repaired under warranty?
krell

Same problem here
Open your eyes, look within. Are you satisfied with the life you're living?
pricey369

So looks to me this is a common fault with them. They have just approved for the clips to be replaced a third time but after that I am on my own. This is why I'm asking for input from other owners. At least I can put my case forward to Suzuki. I am probably wasting my time but I'm going to give it a shot.. Thanks for the feedback
FrankoLaMoya

Vent clips falling off...again and again...what type of story is that? Never heard that before...it is one thing that they fell off, but it is another thing the dealership cannot fix them properly. If you do not really touch it...tell them to krazy glue it lol I don't know it's odd anyway.
2012 Suzuki Kizashi Sport iAWD CVT ''Kaijū'' (Black pearl metallic)

Priors:
2004 Audi A4 Quattro 1.8T 6MT ''Audini'' (Black)
1999 Audi A4 Quattro 2.8 AT (Dark green)
1984 Chevrolet Malibu 3MT with a 327 engine lol (Blue)
1996 Acura Integra 5MT (Black)
pricey369

I actually said why don't you glue them on this time.. lol.. Hopefully they will as it comes out of my pocket the next time it happens, it will be out of warranty. I reckon it's the heat. Last 2 times was summer. This time it happened after 2 days of 42 degree heat so would hate to think what the temp was inside my car at the time.. :o .
KuroNekko

Which vent are you specifically talking about?

I haven't had any issues with my Kizashi's vents. I even use vent air fresheners though I actually prefer other types. They just tend to be the cheapest type that I like.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
pricey369

I'm talking about the 4 air conditioner vents on the dash. 2 in the middle one for driver and one for passenger. Once the air-con is turned on the cold air comes out from these vents. You then have small clips on these vents to adjust the direction you want the air to go.
Ronzuki

I use an OE windshield sun-shade to keep the UV rays off the dash and park w/ the expensive nose end of the car in shaded areas as much as possible. No brittle plastic in/on my dash, and, my headlight lenses are nearly as good as new. I also throw a towel over the steering wheel in the summer to protect the leather and its controls. Back of rear seat head rests and top of seat fabric is getting that purple-ish tinge to it and the RF sub's grill is starting to show its sun-age though.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
pricey369

My car is parked undercover 90 % of the time. I be too admit the day they popped again it was 42 degrees. The fact that the sun wasn't directly on the vents at the time is annoying. It was certainly hot when I got in the car though. My car will be going in this week to have the clips done. I will have to see if this happens again then take it to Suzuki Australia. That bit I'm dredding
RedGeminiPA

My passenger side center vent is doing it. It's split apart, but hasn't completely fallen apart yet. I live in PA, so it's really only hot a few months of the year. I was thinking about using glue, but I don't want to risk gluing it in a permanent location. It'll take some precision to do it correctly.
2011 Sport GTS FWD CVT Nav
Altoona PA