Fog Light Kit Installation Question

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
Samfield

Greetings, proud new owner of an AWD SE in Dark Blue with a quick question. I am planning on having the factory fog light package installed on my SE. The kit price at around $240.00 isn't too bad. However, I was wondering if anyone else has had them installed by the dealer and what kind of labor charges I should expect? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.
ThunderSky

Samfield wrote:Greetings, proud new owner of an AWD SE in Dark Blue with a quick question. I am planning on having the factory fog light package installed on my SE. The kit price at around $240.00 isn't too bad. However, I was wondering if anyone else has had them installed by the dealer and what kind of labor charges I should expect? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.
These things are usually priced off "book" time, so the dealer should be able to give you an exact price before they begin. AND ther time actually spent will depend on whether they have done it before. If they have not previously done this I would not want to be the guinnea pig if they are charging actual time spent.

All that said, I have taken the front clip off the car before and I'd guess about an hour total time if they don't have to do any serious wiring.

Let us know what they say.
2011 Kizashi SX - AWD
2008 Honda Civic
2007 Saturn Sky Redline
2001 Mazda Protege
Samfield

ThunderSky wrote:
Samfield wrote:Greetings, proud new owner of an AWD SE in Dark Blue with a quick question. I am planning on having the factory fog light package installed on my SE. The kit price at around $240.00 isn't too bad. However, I was wondering if anyone else has had them installed by the dealer and what kind of labor charges I should expect? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.
These things are usually priced off "book" time, so the dealer should be able to give you an exact price before they begin. AND ther time actually spent will depend on whether they have done it before. If they have not previously done this I would not want to be the guinnea pig if they are charging actual time spent.

All that said, I have taken the front clip off the car before and I'd guess about an hour total time if they don't have to do any serious wiring.

Let us know what they say.
Thanks for the information. I travel for business and find myself using the fog lights regularly.