Windshield wipers stopping in middle of windshield

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
Ronzuki

cobymark wrote:Had the same problem, and I just replaced the wiper motor. Good thing is that I got a nice deal from a local auto parts shop.
Name / location of said local auto parts shop? thnx.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
Woodie

I think this is happening again. What's the deal with the water problems? Guess I'll have to take the cowl off again and have a look.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
old tech

I had one do this along time ago and dont remember the exact problem. Isnt it that the water is pooling up a little from drain clogging and then penetrating the connector. Filling the connector full of axle grease before plugging it in will surely keep out the water thus keep this from reoccurring.
Woodie

Yes, it was the same problem again. Water inside the connector and inside the gearbox area where the spinning disk with the electrical contact wipers is. This time I got to it sooner and there seemed to be no serious damage inside so I cleaned everything up, re-greased the disk contacts, let it dry out in the sun for an hour or two, and put silicone grease inside the connector where the "seal" area is, not on the connectors themselves. I also rigged up a 4x6 sheet of mylar over the area of the connector so that water shouldn't be running over the connector on it's way to the drain area.

Looking at it hard with my eyes all squinty (you know you think better that way, right?) it doesn't seem as if water could collect in that area enough to submerge the connector. The drain is huge, at least there at the top. I stuck a clothes hanger down the drain and it came right out the bottom of the car without pushing anything out on to the ground, so I don't think it was clogged. Thinking back, I should have run the hose in that area to see if water would pool, I'm sure the drain hole at the bottom is not as big as the drain I was looking at up in the cowl area under the wipers.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
TB16

My wiper motor has stopped working altogether after 11 years now. Can someone please give me the part no. of the wiper motor assembly. I'm trying to buy a new one.
old tech

The part number for the wiper motor from Suzuki is 38100-57L02 list is $725 . My favorite yard in Pittsburgh has it used for $25. car-part .com. You may be able to fix yours by taking the black cover off and clean and bend riding finger for park sensor. Ive done this on a few of these.
rinulo

I got the same problem as OP.

Before ordering a new wiper motor, I was advised to clean the wiper switch. I've seen a couple of YouTube videos having the same problem and pointing to this solution. Has anyone else tried that?

Also trying to figure out how to remove the panels behind the steering wheel to access the wiper switch.