Service Engine

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
SamirD

Going back to the gasoline ignition discussion for a second...

We own a gas station and the dangers in igniting gasoline is in the fumes. And because gasoline evaporates so quickly, fumes are almost ever present. They do creep along the ground as they are heavier than air, but make no mistake that they can ignite with tremendous fury. I've seen people fuel up with ignition sources nearby and I tell them to fuel up elsewhere--a fuel pump costs over $20k+, the canopy structure is $100k+, and lost business revenues can be as high as $10k/day--these are expenses that most people's insurance will not want to pay when they find out a stupid act was responsible for the damage, so I just tell those that pose such substantial (and stupid) risks to our property to leave.

As far as leaving your car running while fueling, the engineers who designed the car say don't do it, and they're right about the other parts of the car, so I turn it off like the manual says. It only saves me some fuel anyways (which is why I'm having to fuel up in the first place).
kimile

Woodie wrote:90% chance it's the fuel cap loose. Strange that the cruise control stopped working.

I would not disconnect the battery, too much stuff in memory. Tighten the gas cap and drive normally. Most error codes clear after three "trips" without an error. Trip can have different meanings, usually cold start to completely warmed up.

my engine service light on last night and this morning i checked the fuel cap, its quite loose , i tight it and hope it will go off soon :D
SamirD

kimile wrote:
Woodie wrote:90% chance it's the fuel cap loose. Strange that the cruise control stopped working.

I would not disconnect the battery, too much stuff in memory. Tighten the gas cap and drive normally. Most error codes clear after three "trips" without an error. Trip can have different meanings, usually cold start to completely warmed up.

my engine service light on last night and this morning i checked the fuel cap, its quite loose , i tight it and hope it will go off soon :D
I hope so too. And if doesn't. Wait a few days. It takes a lot more 'trips' to turn off an alert than turn it on.
kimile

SamirD wrote:
kimile wrote:

I hope so too. And if doesn't. Wait a few days. It takes a lot more 'trips' to turn off an alert than turn it on.
Thanks for the follow up. The light is off now. Cheers.