Suspension... rear struts

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
Monkeyman

Hello. I'm new here and also a new (4 months) Kizashi owner. Ever since I purchased my Kizashi there has been a clicking sound in the rear. My mechanic, who is reasonably trustworthy, told me it seems to be the links. I purchased new links and shock. When he went to install them he saw a problem with the struts and asked me to get them. (We agreed from day one that I'd buy whatever parts are needed as time goes by and he'd do the labor.) My issue is this: in trying to find the 'rear Struts on line and only can find the front struts. Is there even such a thing as rear struts for this car, and where can I get them. (You probably can tell I'm not a mechanic. :lol: )

Thanks
BLyons

No, you're looking for rear shocks. The KYB replacements are your best bet. It's very likely that you have the original, faulty bump stops on your car which caused premature shock failure, so you'll want to replace those too right away or the new shocks will fail early too. There are a bunch of topics about this subject on the forum, so if you search rear shocks you'll find a bunch more info on it.
Black 2011 Sport SLS AWD
Monkeyman

Thanks. I already purchased the rear KYB shocks. The part where tree shocks attach to appears to be broken/ chipped. I took picks butt I'm having a problem posting them. "File too big."
I'll keep trying to post the pick. (The part that is chipped looks like beige ceramic.)
Monkeyman

This is what I was told needs to be replaced
This is what I was told needs to be replaced
20170619_193217.jpg (669 KiB) Viewed 8475 times
Woodie

That's the bumpstop BLyons was referring to. Not sure how it would get destroyed like yous is unless someone was jumping the car like the Dukes of Hazard. It's supposed to look like this, without the washing machine in the background:

You can either order the part # you see in that photo from an online Suzuki dealer, $32 each from here: https://suzukicarparts.com/parts/2010/S ... ent=Bumper or buy an aftermarket replacement part. Pretty sure KYB makes those too. RockAuto has the KYB replacement for $14.04 http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/suzu ... ellow,7592
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
LPSISRL

What's nice about the pic is that the correct part number for the modified bump stop is right there. I wish I would have looked closer at the Rock Auto site before purchasing from the OE Suzuki place. The KYB SB113 from Rock Auto looks like the modified bump stop and it's only $14. They're $32 from the OE site.
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
WESHOOT2

unless someone was jumping the car like the Dukes of Hazard

Hmmmm.....someone......hmmmm.... 8-)
Monkeyman

Yeah, I think it was one of the dukes of hazard. Lol. Plus, the bad roads here don't help. I'll be ordering the bump stops asap.
Thanks guys!!
LPSISRL

WESHOOT2 wrote:
unless someone was jumping the car like the Dukes of Hazard

Hmmmm.....someone......hmmmm.... 8-)
Haha Weshoot. You been stalking other peoples rides?
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
WESHOOT2

I was thinking about how often I get air in mine....,..