Rattle comming from central speaker

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
jbarral

Hi people!!

Does any body know how to pull out the center speaker trim installed on the dashboard? I'm hearing a little noise at low rpms commig from inside of the speaker and I want to check it without damage anything. That damn rattle makes me sick!!!

I read a service manual that I found here in another thread but there is no explanation about this.

Any help will be welcome!!!

Sorry my english, I am spanish speaker :)

Greetings from Chile!!
Suzuki Kizashi LTD, 2011
AUTOPILOT

8-) I can't help with the rattle, but your English is as good as anyone here.
TheHolyGhost

Great to have another member. If you do manage to pull out the speaker, make sure you take pictures and put it up in the DIY section, it'll probably be helpful for someone else, too!

Welcome!
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
KCKizashi

jbarral wrote:Hi people!!

Does any body know how to pull out the center speaker trim installed on the dashboard? I'm hearing a little noise at low rpms commig from inside of the speaker and I want to check it without damage anything. That damn rattle makes me sick!!!

I read a service manual that I found here in another thread but there is no explanation about this.

Greetings from Chile!!
Look in the following locations for how to remove the front speaker cover and speaker:

Speaker cover = Pages 64 and 65 of "Body.pdf" service manual
Speaker = Page 28 of "Audio.pdf" service manual
;)
2010 Platinum Silver GTS AWD
gaww

jbarral wrote:Hi people!!

Greetings from Chile!!
I am guessing that warranty service is not an option where you are (???), or you could and should let it be dealt with that way.

I am not impressed with the sound system in the GTS/SLS. For the money, the audio quality is not really that great - and with all the problems many are having... I do not play it at high sound levels, and that is maybe why I have not had any problems. The only worse deal for the dollars is the over priced Bose installations. I had put a medium priced Kenwood system into another car a few years back, and it was much better overall then both of these (especially the speakers).
jbarral

First I wanna thanks everybody for their anwers! It's nice to have a forum like this.

Well the problem is not the central speaker itself. It is a rattle comming around that zone. It's nothing about the sound system.

I took the car for warranty service last week. They tightened the screws on the speaker. The problem decreased, but I still hear a slight rattle. They told me that they need more time to search better for the exact place when it comes. So I guess next week am gonna take it back again for warranty. Maybe I am a little paranoid, but I really hate rattles and even more in a new car :evil:
Suzuki Kizashi LTD, 2011
TheHolyGhost

I'm with you, the rattles are very annoying, especially on a car you just bought. Hope they find it! Let us know.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
Skibum

I had a similar rattle in my 1 week old car, and after quite a bit of swearing and cursing it was a pair of sunglasses that were vibrating in the holder near the rear vision mirror.