In dire need of an Inner tie rod

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
LPSISRL

How common looking is the Kizashi inner tie rod? Could there be any matches that are from other cars? This is a total shot in the dark but the inner tie rod from a 2011 Sonata looks very similar but that would be hoping too much. I don't have the specs on it.
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
KuroNekko

vikrantgulatee wrote:Anyone......
The OP states that he found the tie rod on ebay. If not listed there, maybe find one through junkyard parts resources.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
vikrantgulatee

Looked on ebay high and dry....zero luck... nothing on the junkyard front as well..looking for a part no. , SKU or an OEM no...or something compatible...the service folks at Suzuki want me to change the whole steering assembly which would cost an arm and a limb...so kinda desperate here...even looked at the Moog website as mentioned above but to no avail
Woodie

RockAuto is showing a rebuilt steering rack for $420, you get $80 of that back when you return the core. It's listed as being the correct part # 4858057L50. That's a hell of a lot better than the $3,000 that Suzuki wants.

I'd say the chances that the actual inner tie rod end is the same as some other car that is sitting on every parts store shelf for $65 is very good. Problem is, figuring out which one.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
vikrantgulatee

Thanks for the prompt reply..well I am overseas (India)...the shipping costs a bomb....the local mechanics are unwilling to touch the Kizashi due to the rarity factor....i think I would go ahead and remove the inner tie rod and hit the nearest junkyard...does the tie rod have to be an exact match in terms of width...the length part can be adjusted using a good machinest...the situation is frustrating to say the least
LPSISRL

Too bad you're not in the US. There's an entire steering system for $125 on eBay.
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
vikrantgulatee

Yup....saw that..shed a tear :facepalm:
jcpcarpartsau

I am next door to an auto wreckers who have a Kizashi. Only thing is, I am in Kingston, Australia. I don't know if they ship to the US or even if they have the part you need but if you want to give them a try, I am happy to assist where I can.
https://jcpcarparts.com.au/
old tech

Awhile back , someone posted that they had found a near perfect donor . I think it was a Mazda inner that had same threads as kizashi yet it was just a bit longer and could be cut to match up. I can’t find that post .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
old tech

I did find that post here in the history. Another club member found that he could take a 2011 Nissan Altima inner tie rod , cut a 1/2” off adjustment side and have it replace the original near perfect. I have not done this yet but I’m sure I will one day. Credit goes to Almexm22 for finding this cool cheat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk