Blown Subwoofer

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
CamdenBurgess

Was driving down the highway the other day, jamming to some music as any other teenager does. Then I notice the subwoofer started sounding like rattling plastic and I immediately thought I knew what it was. Sure enough, checked the speaker and the subwoofer had blown... I have a 2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport SLS with the premium rockford phosgate audio system. Does anyone have a recommendation for a new subwoofer? Has this happened to many other people?
2011 6 Speed Manual Suzuki Kizashi Sport SLS
Previous Saab 9-3 Aero boy :)
Woodie

In most cases the dust cover has just come off. Fold down the rear seat and remove the package deck. You're going to have to do this to replace the subwoofer anyway. You'll find a very thin plastic yarmulke bouncing around inside the cone of the speaker. You could either try to glue it back on, or do what most of us have done and toss it as if it were a Frizbee.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
FrankoLaMoya

I have been blasting my music at level 23-25 on a daily basis for the past 5 years ...never had any issue.
2012 Suzuki Kizashi Sport iAWD CVT ''Kaijū'' (Black pearl metallic)

Priors:
2004 Audi A4 Quattro 1.8T 6MT ''Audini'' (Black)
1999 Audi A4 Quattro 2.8 AT (Dark green)
1984 Chevrolet Malibu 3MT with a 327 engine lol (Blue)
1996 Acura Integra 5MT (Black)
CamdenBurgess

Woodie wrote:In most cases the dust cover has just come off. Fold down the rear seat and remove the package deck. You're going to have to do this to replace the subwoofer anyway. You'll find a very thin plastic yarmulke bouncing around inside the cone of the speaker. You could either try to glue it back on, or do what most of us have done and toss it as if it were a Frizbee.
I've checked the sub-woofer, I can feel that the rubber has separated from the paper cone. So, I know for a fact it is blown.
CamdenBurgess

FrankoLaMoya wrote:I have been blasting my music at level 23-25 on a daily basis for the past 5 years ...never had any issue.
Sorry that I'm not you.
KuroNekko

It's happened to some people before. Given you're out of warranty, it will be cheaper to source your own replacement by getting either an OE RF sub or an aftermarket replacement. The subwoofer is 8 inches in diameter so I'm assuming a replacement of the same size and same connector should work.
Here is some info on the OE RF system if it's of any help.

2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
steven.alexander

I'm in the same boat. I've decided to skip the OEM replacement for $200 and get a regular 8" sub from Crutchfield. You can find a slew of options that should work here: https://www.crutchfield.com/g_446250/8- ... l?tp=68848. $60 > $200
AirRideFan

FrankoLaMoya wrote:I have been blasting my music at level 23-25 on a daily basis for the past 5 years ...never had any issue.
Same brother! (around the same age as you, too) Old School folks keep that bass at 0 or lower when slamming shit at volume 25, right? hahah)
2012 KIZASHI Sport SLS

ExtremeContact DWS Tuned tires on staggered Speedlines! :o
Ecsta V720 235/40's on the OEM 18's
Hakkapeliitta R2 235/45's on Sport Edition KV5 18's <- too heavy
WinterContact 215/55's on Lexus GS 16's this winter!
AirRideFan

CamdenBurgess wrote:
Woodie wrote:In most cases the dust cover has just come off. Fold down the rear seat and remove the package deck. You're going to have to do this to replace the subwoofer anyway. You'll find a very thin plastic yarmulke bouncing around inside the cone of the speaker. You could either try to glue it back on, or do what most of us have done and toss it as if it were a Frizbee.
I've checked the sub-woofer, I can feel that the rubber has separated from the paper cone. So, I know for a fact it is blown.
I'd say buy another replacement RF 8" sub. That's pretty unusual to happen and they're not too expensive to buy using Car-Part.com or get one from a U-Pull-&-Pay, if you have one near you.

[My OTHER car...2001 GS430 has a sub by Mark Levinson that is notorious for self-destructing- So I'm installing a (rare/discontinued) old-but-"NEW" JL IB10 (8-ohm) that should plug & play with the (also-Unreliable/POS!) ML amp.]

For the Kizash though--- grab another OEM RF sub and install it if you haven't already (Hoping you still your Suzuki! and it's running well for ya man)
2012 KIZASHI Sport SLS

AirRideFan

KuroNekko wrote:It's happened to some people before. Given you're out of warranty, it will be cheaper to source your own replacement by getting either an OE RF sub or an aftermarket replacement. The subwoofer is 8 inches in diameter so I'm assuming a replacement of the same size and same connector should work.
Here is some info on the OE RF system if it's of any help.

Thanks for sharing, KuroNekko --- these links are no longer working.

But I found this on Rockford's site: https://www.rockfordfosgate.com/product ... 3-kizashi/

I wish it showed how many watts go to the sub...
2012 KIZASHI Sport SLS