Buzzing Noise When Car Parked and Doors Locked?

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
SamirD

I've not been able to repeat this and it's possibly just a weird one-off issue.

Last night I had to get something from our car that had been outside running errands all day in <5F weather. As what we've discovered is 'normal', the ;service engine, hill hold disabled, and esp disabled' warnings were on during the day during the errands. This seems to happen at temps <40F for some reason and only started last winter. Nothing else was unusual.

When I went back into the garage after the car had been parked for a few hours, I heard this buzzing noise. At first I thought it was coming from another vehicle, the overhead garage lights, or somewhere else until I brought my head down to the level of our rear passenger wheel. It was coming from the car.

I unlocked the car--no change. Pressed the start button once--no change. Pressed the start button the second time without my foot on the brake so the car wouldn't start--buzzing stopped.

I locked up the car again and waited outside the car for 10 minutes to hear if the noise started again--no noise.

Any ideas?

The only other thing that happened was I accidentally parked on a ice chunk that got lodged under the center of the car about where the back of the tires are, but dead center underneath. :( This was in the parking lot of our apartment complex so I was able to use an umbrella to knock it out since it started dragging as I pulled out of the spot. I think it may have damaged some plastics, but maybe not as nothing fell on the ground.
Speed_Racer

Ooh I know this one - it's the fuel system doing a self-check. From the owner's manual:

"LEAK DETECTION PUMP NOTE:
Your vehicle has a pump to regularly check
the vehicle’s evaporative emission control
system for leaks. This check is performed
approximately five hours after the engine is
turned off. During this leak check, you may
hear a sound coming from the vehicle for
several minutes. This sound is normal and
does not indicate a malfunction."
'12 Kizashi,'03 SV650,'04 DL1000
SamirD

Awesome!!! If there was a gold star for answering questions, you got it Speed_Racer! :D :drive: