Alignment and rapid tire wear issue.

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
Northernstar

the states always get cheaper stuff :(
miranda.saul

msaul wrote:Just at 14,600 miles on my Kizashi GTS 2010 and had to REPLACE ALL 4 tires to do an alignment problem. The dealer was NOT willing to help out with tire replacement or warranty and eventually the tire company did offer some money off new ones. The dealership finally offered to complete an alignment check and fix the alignment once it was found that the toe was out of spec. Unforunately, my mom and dad have the same exact car I do (bought it a few months after me), and had to go through this same ordeal. My advice is to have an alignment check completed ASAP on your new Kizashi as soon as you drive it off the lot to make sure it is aligned OR you will be buying new tires, too! The tires were bald on the inside rim and wore unevenly across all four. Otherwise love my car, just hope this isn't a continuous problem! :?
Had to make a new user name, couldn't remember my old one! Anyway, I am not at 22,400 miles and had to have ANOTHER alignment after the new tires. Suzuki says alignments should be done every year or 18,000 miles, so no help from the dealer. Toe was out of spec AGAIN on the front, 12 and 10 degrees. Anyone found a solution? Dealerships and customer service are no help! I can't keep replacing tires! Finally purchased a 3 year alignment warranty....any answers? Thanks!
Ronzuki

Frequent rotations will help with tire wear. Make sure who ever is doing the alignment has the proper specs from the TSB. They should all have had their rack's software updated from their respective manufacturers by now, but it's still a good idea to bring a copy of the TSB w/ you so they can verify. Because of the poor wear I experienced with the short lived OE tires (partially my fault for not rotating enough to notice the uneven wear), I've decided to do a rotation every 5,000ish miles when I do my oil change. And since I've put the new tires on, I plan on having my alignment checked every year when I get the state inspection done. If it's out I'll simply have the dealer reset it. Cars are cars, things go out of adjustment...which is why I had stuck w/ solid axle trucks most of my life on lousy PA roads. The Jeep I traded for this Kizashi needed the Goodyear MTR tires (an aggressive mud tire) rotated every 3 or 4,000 miles to keep them from wearing funny (notoriously bad wearing tires if not rotated often). Not much to go wrong w/ a Wrangler's alignment, never had it checked in 70k+ miles, just kept rotating the tires. I guess what I'm trying to explain is different vehicles, different tires, different combinations, they all have their sweet-spots for what the procedures are. I feel the Kiz just needs more frequent rotations, and I'll follow-up w/ the one year alignment check. So far, the new tires are wearing perfectly even and I had my alignment set to the TSB specs by the dealer (their rack was not updated w/ those settings by the way, they used the TSB specs I gave them).
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)