Alignment and rapid tire wear issue.

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
AlexRuiz

My tires seem to be doing ok.
2300 miles already!
2010 Suzuki Kizashi S MT
suzukifun

I've read the complete "alignment and rapid tire wear issue" blog and would like to clarify a couple things mentioned. The 12,000 mile warranty mentioned is Suzuki's 12/12 warranty for adjustments not associated with the replacement of parts, i.e. alignments, door adjust, sunroof adjust.... If your Kizashi is showing signs of uneven tire wear, it needs to be documented at the first scheduled tire rotation at 7,500 miles. If you have a tire wear concern and the dealer isn't the one servicing your Kizashi, it needs to be brought to the dealers attention, with documentation, that you had your tires inspected and rotated on schedule and there is an alignment concern. The dealer can perform a four wheel alignment under warranty and if the tire wear is severe, the dealer can warranty tire replacement of the affected tires as consequential damage. The dealer can only refuse to do the alignment if there's signs of misuse, abuse, alterations or damage. If you believe you have a legitimate warranty alignment concern and it was documented at the first tire rotation/inspection service and the dealer service manager denies it, call Suzuki customer relations and explain your concern with the dealer. If there is an alignment issue with the factory alignment it will be evedent at 7,500 miles with a thorough inspection of the tire tread depth. If you go to the dealer after 7,500 miles with no documentation of a tire rotation and complain of a factory alignment problem, it's going to be an uphill battle. Front and rear alignment specs for all 2010 and 2011 Kizashi vehicles are the same regardless of drivetrain (FWD, AWD, MT, CVT) or model (S, SE, GTS, SLS or Sport). Also, only the Sport model's suspension is 10 mm lower due to different struts, shocks and coil springs.
havinfun

Suzukifun: thanks for the excellent clarification. Are you a Suzuki employee?
Moto
Site Admin

Thank you for the clarification. Welcome to the forum.
hoyt2

Yeah, sad but true. My 2010 Kizashi wore out the inside edge of all four tires after only 12,000 miles. After inspection, the dealer service manager confirmed that it was a factoryalignment defect and that after they checked in with a Suzuki rep I'd have all four tires replaced -- and wheels aligned, of course. The rep gave the dealer a hard time (he tells me) but they managed to work the deal. My low-profile tires have been replaced -- at $250 a pop -- at the factory's expense. Warning: you must show proof that you rotated the tires within the milage frame, or they won't honor the warranty. Good luck out there. On another subject, anybody getting a squeeky rattle in the dash in cold weather only? Very annoying.

Collin
PlatinumGTS

I just posted this on another thread.

"I decided to have my alignment checked at just under 1000 miles on the car. I went to a place that only does alignments and nothing else and they are known for problem solving. I'm glad I did since it required a four wheel alignment with a number of adjustments. Wish I would have taken it there right after I purchased it.

They told me that many new cars are out of alignment right from the factory, never mind what could happen during shipping. You need to use someone with good alignment experience and that is not necessarily the dealer."
2010 Platinum Silver GTS AWD
WESHOOT2

I have a 2011 S AWD. It wears the stock Dunlop 215/60 R16s, and has over 13.4k on it. It gets driven regularly (and hard) on dirt/unpaved roads here in Vermont. I regularly drive it between 85--110 on the interstate. I haven't experienced any tire/alignment/balance/wear woes.
Yet?
Jean1943

I also have rapid tire wear. I have 12,700 miles and have had the tires rotated at the delaershp previously. I today went to 2 reputable dealers and was told the tires will not make it through the winter and was told the tires are definitely prematurely worn. I just purchased the car 14 months ago. Jean
WESHOOT2

I'm at 30,174, and my stock 16" Dunlops have worn evenly.
But they're worn.

I probably will not reinstall them after the snows come off.
(I'm installing four new Goodyear Ultra Grip Ice WRT's.)
ab_zashi

I just had my second oil change at my local Pep Boys @ 11k miles and they noticed excessive wear on my front tires. I took it to the dealership and they confirmed the wear and alignment being off. SInce i was under the 12,200 mile mark they were able to argue for it to be covered by warranty. Took a couple hours before they heard back but warranty is covering the alignment and tires, get them put on tomorrow.

I'd highly recommend getting your alignment and tire wear checked early on to correct this and have a case for warranty coverage