Alignment and rapid tire wear issue.

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
eatrocks

goin to take my 3 day old kiz in to check to alignment, i asked at least 3 times that an alignment check is done before i drive off the lot...'well uh i dont..i can make a note and give it to my manager'....then after paperwork is finished...'well idk, those alignments cost money'....

really...

i wouldn't trust them anyway...got a deal, but i REALLY don't ever wanna have to take it there for any kind of work

finally found a legit alignment/tuning shop close by, gonna take it to see if they really check it for me....if they find it to be out of alignment i think that should mean suzuki must reimburse me in full for the alignment on a 3 day old car
Azure Gray 2012 Kiz SLS AWD CVT
2000 Honda Accord Coupe EX V6
1985 BMW 325e
1993 Subaru Impreza
eatrocks

left toe was off by .05...
Azure Gray 2012 Kiz SLS AWD CVT
2000 Honda Accord Coupe EX V6
1985 BMW 325e
1993 Subaru Impreza
Rob0381

Just had an oil change/inspection today @ 9000 miles and asked about this issue. It was the first my dealer's service department had heard of it. However, alignment is good and all four tires show even wear. First rotation was done @ 6000 miles, 2011 Sport SLS AWD.
2011 Kizashi Sport SLS AWD Vivid Red
sciraddo

When I was doing research on the Suzuki Grand Vitara for a friend, I found that it hads issues of tires wearing out quickly and irregularly. Suzuki never addressed this issue and blamed it on the driving habits of the owners. So said to hear it's a problem on the Kizashi as well.
PlatinumGTS

I had the car to the dealer the other day for servicing and inspection (just under 12,000 miles). I knew the rear tires were getting bad but hoped they would pass till summer. Bottom line, needed two rear tires and the dealer talked Suzuki into splitting the cost 50/50 as well as picking up the four wheel alignment. Even though I had the car aligned twice before (At independent shop) the rear was still way out. These tires were originally on the front when they started to wear rapidly when new.

Never was much a fan of dealer alignment but maybe the factory revised alignment specs will help. Keep an eye on tire wear and alignment. These tires aren't cheap.
2010 Platinum Silver GTS AWD
nytq

Here are Suzuki's Alignment Specs for reference. The specs have not changed from what is in the manual. When I had it checked and adjusted the tire shop did tell me that what they had in the computer was the same as the Suzuki Spec. Doesn't mean all shops have the correct data, but theoretically they should. It's helpfull to present the specs to them just incase.
Attachments
TSB SI-0007 Alignment Specs.pdf
(34.13 KiB) Downloaded 552 times
2011 SE AWD PLATINUM SILVER W/RRM INTAKE AND CUSTOM CAT BACK
msaul

Just at 14,600 miles on my Kizashi GTS 2010 and had to REPLACE ALL 4 tires to do an alignment problem. The dealer was NOT willing to help out with tire replacement or warranty and eventually the tire company did offer some money off new ones. The dealership finally offered to complete an alignment check and fix the alignment once it was found that the toe was out of spec. Unforunately, my mom and dad have the same exact car I do (bought it a few months after me), and had to go through this same ordeal. My advice is to have an alignment check completed ASAP on your new Kizashi as soon as you drive it off the lot to make sure it is aligned OR you will be buying new tires, too! The tires were bald on the inside rim and wore unevenly across all four. Otherwise love my car, just hope this isn't a continuous problem! :?
Texasrn

I really, really wish I had known this was a problem sooner. My car is currently getting 2 new front tires and an alignment while I type this. One of the front tires was worn almost all the way through on the very inside. The guy showed me how in just a few more miles I would have had a blow out. I do a LOT of interstate driving to visit my dad in the hospital and could have been seriously hurt if it happened at 70 mph. It's also costing me a pretty penny. I had just gone in for an oil change!!! This is completely ridiculous. I know that I'm responsible for checking my tires, etc, but when you have an immediate family member this sick for so long, you don't always remember to do the minor things. What a pain in the rear.

~Amy
scorcher

After 24K Dundaps were shot. Purhcased Continental Extreme Contact DSW 235 45 18. I did notice prior to the new tires wear on the inner edges of the tires slightly more than the outide. Tire wear generally even at 36PSI. The dealer did alien the car and the only issues was the rear. Which ment negative camber. Which seems to be the problem with these cars from the factory. Continentals are great, ride is better than the Dundaps, noice level is minimal and handle great on wet roads. First set of Continentals I have ever owned. Tire were $187.00 on tire rack and local Ford Dealer matched the prices.
~tc~

$183.67 on www.online tires.com - they have always had the cheapest prices of anywhere I have looked.

Note: Discount will match their price + shipping + mount/balance
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic