Alignment and rapid tire wear issue.

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
gaww

I should have had it checked out earlier, but just had my tires rotated today (not at a dealer), and they indicated that there was evidence of abnormal wear. I have only 10,000 miles on some very high tread wear rated (540) tires.

Called the dealer and scheduled the alignment. they indicated that it might be covered on the warranty - hope so. Will let you all know either way.

Suggest that your tires be looked at sooner then late for unusual signs of wear, or just have the dealer check the alignment to be safe. I would have thought "dealer prep" would have covered that, but think that all they usually do is take the plastic off the upholstery and check the fluid levels....
GREG

Sorry to here that gaww, I think I saw this coming. I never did get mine checked out , the rear camber issue that is. I personally cant see the angle of my wheels not eating up tires. The guy at the dealership was an ass the more i think about it. Let me know if the inside rears are wearing rapidly. Hope it gets taken care of.
GREG

Oh, what tires are you running?? Ive been wanting to get conti dws's mounted before winter but $$$
gaww

GREG wrote:Oh, what tires are you running?? Ive been wanting to get conti dws's mounted before winter but $$$
That is my frustration - I am running those. The local Firestone place that did my rotation (I had gotten mine in SC rather then in Asheville - $100/tire price difference) noted the tread depth was down much more then would have been expected for a 540 mileage rated tire. There was more wear on the front tires.

I am waiting on the local dealer getting alignment specs for the Kizashi. This is an issue with the vendor of their alignment equipment - not Suzuki. It has to be entered as an update to their system and cannot be done manually. I am liable to pass 12,000 miles before they get it straightened out - but they have promised to make it come under the 12,000 mile warranty.
GREG

i missed something what is the 12000 warranty?
TheHolyGhost

On the tires?
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
gaww

GREG wrote:i missed something what is the 12000 warranty?
The Kizashi. When I first asked about the alignment, the dealer said it would be covered up to 12,000 on a new car (36,000 on a Subaru - dealer handles both).

The alignment machine is suppose to be re-programed today, and they will call me in for an appointment. After it is done, and if it is done free by the dealer - will let all you know.
GREG

any update???
gaww

Up-date

Dealer finally got the specs, but now is balking about doing it under warranty. I had been on a dirt road with some mud last week, and dealer said there was damage underneath. There is some mud an leaves underneath - but no "damage".

What he pointed to primarily was the rear suspension in the back on the vertical portion of the suspension arms. At the same exact spot on both sides there are small indentations. He thinks this may be from the vehicle being lifted or towed (it has been neither). It may have happened in transit to the dealer - but they will not go with that.

Since I am going to have to pay for it, I am going to take it to a highly recommended local independent alignment shop and see what they have to say.
GREG

That is bullshit, so much for Suzukis warranty. Makes me sick every time I think of dealing with these stealerships. Some times wished i had gone used again. I would put money that if there is something bent it is from the ride over on the cargo ship, I have heard they tie things down pretty tight. It was my thought on my rear wheels being tipped in. Have you tried going over the dealers head? I think as the miles pile up there will be more people will be in the same situation. Anyways sorry to here about the trouble. I think you will be better off going to a reputable independent.