AC completely stopped working

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
TheodrosGustaf

So I own a 2011 Kizashi gts(manual) and my ac stopped blowing air out all of a sudden while I was driving one day. I took it to the dealer and I had to get several module units replaced. with all that done they told me they can’t complete the last process (which is to reprogram my keys and install controller module ) bc they don’t have the up-to-date connector to connect their system with the new part. They said they ordered the up-to-date part but Suzuki has it on back order. It’s now been 6months and haven’t heard back from them and I’ve called every single Suzuki dealer in Texas and nothing so I’m stuck. Can someone please help me? Has anyone experienced something like this? Does anyone know how to fix? Please let me know

Thanks for reading
Ronzuki

I must be missing something ...what on earth could the A/C possibly have in common with the ignition system that would require reprogramming of the key FOBs? Sounds to me like they had no freaking idea what they were doing and made an enormous irreversible mess.

So you went in with a dead A/C and now you can't start your car? Is that what I'm to deduce from your description above? Hopefully you didn't have to actually pay for all of that. Ah the wonders (and aggravation, and expense) of everything being controlled by multiple mystery-boxes...and the 'professionals' not having a clue about any of it.

Sorry about your misfortune but I'd have been on the phone with ASMC (American Suzuki Motor Co.) in CA, directly, 6 months ago and to ask them what the story is with their service center's issue and this problem. In the meantime, got a p/n for this elusive up-to-date connector? Is it even a Suzuki factory connector or adapter they're talking about? This entire story they're giving you sounds hokey to me and seems more like a 'cover their mess-up and inability' excuse.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
TheodrosGustaf

Yea I had to pay for all that out of pocket. They did basically screw me over. Anyways yea I was just trying to see if there was someone else with the same issue or if someone can help me slove the issue. My next thing was to contact suzuki. Are they even willing to help their customers anymore?
TheodrosGustaf

Also my car functions just fine. Its just the ac and the heater thats not working at all
Woodie

Ronzuki wrote:Sorry about your misfortune but I'd have been on the phone with ASMC (American Suzuki Motor Co.) in CA, directly, 6 months ago and to ask them what the story is with their service center's issue and this problem. In the meantime, got a p/n for this elusive up-to-date connector? Is it even a Suzuki factory connector or adapter they're talking about? This entire story they're giving you sounds hokey to me and seems more like a 'cover their mess-up and inability' excuse.
What he said

When you say A/C and Heat don't work, do you mean that the blower doesn't work? At least one member has had to have the blower motor replaced, but in any case the blower circuit is fairly simple and includes a couple of fuses and a relay which could be switched in a minute.

When you call other dealers are you asking if they have the top secret connector needed to program your keys, or are you asking if they can fix a bad heater? I think you're better off starting all over, maybe even at an independent repair shop. Don't let the first place's missteps send someone else down the wrong road.

I'm a troubleshooter who goes in after everyone else has failed to fix a problem, and many times what actually gets me the right result is to pretend no one has been there, and start all over as if the customer just called in.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
Ronzuki

x2 on Woodie's recommendation.

I'm still not hearing what your exact problem is. Your description went from the A/C not working, to modules replaced and key programming, to the car works fine and just the heater and A/C are not working. What, exactly, is not working? The fan/blower? Do the controls indicate these features should be operating but are not? If the blower fan will not move air then, yes, several here have had to replace their blowers as was mentioned.

As far as ASMC is concerned, or not, about you...your car is out of warranty for this particular issue and, at this point in their noon-existence here in the U.S., it's likely they could care less.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)