Thick White Smoke from exhaust - HELP

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
Coffee_lover1

There is thick white smoke coming from exhaust when I accelerate a little hard, and a burning smell of burnt oil. I am constantly refilling the oil and coolant, especially after long trips.
I have a 2011 Kizashi.
KuroNekko

Is your coolant oily? Have you recently overheated the engine?
White smoke typically means you are burning the coolant. Blue smoke is from burning oil. If both fluids are going down unusually fast, you may have a leak but it sounds like possibly a blown head gasket. Taking it to a mechanic will help verify this.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Coffee_lover1

I will check the coolant to see if oily..! no I haven't over heated the engine, I think. I was at a set of lights when taking off, When I went to put the gear into 3rd, I pressed a little harder on accelerator then I usually do to change into 4th gear, and I felt a quick loss of pressure on the accelerator, then I seen a massive plume of smoke in the mirror, even after I quickly pulled over, the smoke was still pouring out of the exhaust, and its was a burnt smell. I let the car sit for a good hour, started it back up but only drove steady back home, and there was no sign of smoke.
I will be taking car to mechanic , and I will mention the blown head gasket. Thank you :)
Speed_Racer

Also check the oil to see if it's coolant-y (it'll have a milky color). Sounds like a headgasket either blown or on its way out. How many miles on the car?
'12 Kizashi,'03 SV650,'04 DL1000
Coffee_lover1

Speed_Racer wrote:Also check the oil to see if it's coolant-y (it'll have a milky color). Sounds like a headgasket either blown or on its way out. How many miles on the car?
I’ve only done 81,000kms !!
Ronzuki

Blown head gaskets don't always cause an intermixing of coolant and oil. Occasionally the fluids just enter the combustion chamber and burn. Rare, yes. Just sayin'...
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
nettieandsuv

Ive had the same issue with my- I seem to lose power right before the cloud of white thick smoke shoots from the exhaust only on long trips and ive had my full service done too- engine flush , new oil and my car has only done 51.000kms 2015 model so after 2 mechanics looking at it and they cant find an issue I think there needs to be a recall cause this is a danger hazard!
Woodie

The G10 engine is prone to this sort of thing. Over on GeoMetroForum we call it an "oil phart". Too much oil builds up in the valve train area and overwhelms the PCV system, dumping oil into the intake. In this case the coolant would not be getting low, just the oil. It's usually that the head has been off for some reason and the oil check valve was left out on re-assembly. Or, the engine is just plain worn out and there's a lot of blow-by past the rings. Neither of those should apply to an engine with so few miles on it.

Are you using the proper 5W-30 oil?
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
Nettie77

This happened to mine every time I put my @foot down” my coolNt is refilled all the time- no it’s not oily- I just don’t know what else to do either but trade it or burn it!!!
I’ve had it back to the Suzuki dealer but they can’t find anything wrong either.... but maybe if we all form together we can take Suzuki to the Obudsmen???? Email me
Woodie

Welcome Nettie77

I'm assuming you're the same person as nettieandsuv up above. If your car is burning coolant every time you put your foot down and your mechanic can't find it six months later, you need a new mechanic. You should be contacting the Suzuki regional office. There's always some way of escalating a problem like this that the dealer can't resolve, the dealer should have escalated it , but since they haven't then you should.

I'm sure you're frustrated, but there's not going to be a recall because your car car has a problem that they're having trouble fixing.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency