WEIRD...weirdest thing I've ever seen in a car. Stereo makes no sound, but.......

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
bdleonard

LPSISRL wrote:Positive is enough. It will reset the things like the ECU and TCU so they will have to re-learn you're driving styles. If you've recently bought the car, that's probably a good thing anyway. And you'll lose your radio presets. Bluetooth settings should be fine and if you stored phone numbers and such.
Sweet holy hell, on a negative ground electrical system you always remove the cable from the negative terminal first! The entire body and every bit of metal under the hood in the Kizashi is a ground as long as the negative cable is connected to the battery. (And if you have an antique car that has a positive ground electrical system, then you would remove the positive cable first on that vehicle.)
Tom Kizzie

yep..its easy. this week i disconnected the negative and positive on my swift sport..put it back after 1 minute. Only tcu light comes in. It disappeares over a few miles.
kizashi 6mt black
LPSISRL

bdleonard wrote:
LPSISRL wrote:Positive is enough. It will reset the things like the ECU and TCU so they will have to re-learn you're driving styles. If you've recently bought the car, that's probably a good thing anyway. And you'll lose your radio presets. Bluetooth settings should be fine and if you stored phone numbers and such.
Sweet holy hell, on a negative ground electrical system you always remove the cable from the negative terminal first! The entire body and every bit of metal under the hood in the Kizashi is a ground as long as the negative cable is connected to the battery. (And if you have an antique car that has a positive ground electrical system, then you would remove the positive cable first on that vehicle.)
Good advice on disconnecting the negative first.
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)