WEIRD...weirdest thing I've ever seen in a car. Stereo makes no sound, but.......

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
matt_gold99

I can make it work by either opening a door, or starting the car with the door open. Once I've opened the door once, stereo works fine. turns on and off, everything works.
So, to recap:
get into car, close door, turn electrical/engine on with stereo on = no sound. However, open door and close it again, sound comes on and stays on.
get into car, leave door open, turn electrical/engine on with stereo on = have sound, no problem (I can even turn stereo off and on again)
It's like I have to "initiate" the stereo each time I start the car, and the way to do that is to have the door open with the electrical on, if only for an instant.
Any ideas? this is WEIRD.

BTW, Kisashi 2011.
Woodie

That is weird. You're not Bluetooth streaming from your audio player or phone, are you? Mine does that if I don't have the Bluetooth enabled on my phone and enable it after the car is started. If you are using Bluetooth, switch it to CD, radio, or USB for a couple oif days and see if the problem goes away. If so, then your problem lies with the synching of the Bluetooth.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
matt_gold99

Thanks for the reply. Nope, no bluetooth. When I say the sound doesn't work, it doesn't work with radio, or CD, or USB, or anything. So weird. I know that opening the door on a Kizashi puts the car in a different "state", like how I hear a little motor go when I ope the door when the car is off. I dson't get it. I feel like if I reset the programming or something it will be fixed. I dunno.
LPSISRL

Try rebooting the car. Remove the battery cables for 10 minutes and then reconnect.
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
matt_gold99

LPSISRL wrote:Try rebooting the car. Remove the battery cables for 10 minutes and then reconnect.
One or both? I would assume that removing the positive (red) would be enough. Is there anything lost when I do this? (I assume just the clock and radio presets, etc)
LPSISRL

Positive is enough. It will reset the things like the ECU and TCU so they will have to re-learn you're driving styles. If you've recently bought the car, that's probably a good thing anyway. And you'll lose your radio presets. Bluetooth settings should be fine and if you stored phone numbers and such.
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
matt_gold99

sorry to ask so many questions here but how long does it typically take to 're-learn' a driving style? I actually bought the cara while ago, in early/mid 2013, and I afraid it might seem like driving a different car after I reset. (mind you, I had the battery replaced a year ago, I guess this would have also required the car to re-learn me, correct? and I never noticed any change then....)
KuroNekko

matt_gold99 wrote:sorry to ask so many questions here but how long does it typically take to 're-learn' a driving style? I actually bought the cara while ago, in early/mid 2013, and I afraid it might seem like driving a different car after I reset. (mind you, I had the battery replaced a year ago, I guess this would have also required the car to re-learn me, correct? and I never noticed any change then....)
If I recall correctly, the self-diagnostics won't complete after a reset until at least 50 miles are driven. It's not like the car will feel completely different. It will just have to relearn fuel trims and the reset may help with clearing out whatever odd issue is causing your radio problem. It's worth a try.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
matt_gold99

Oh ok, that's only just over 3 days of driving to work and back home.

I'll give it a try.
matt_gold99

Well, the weather got a bit warmer and I was already to spend the 15 minutes in my driveway, (Toronto) but now the problem as fixed itself.
Oh well, I'll keep an eye on it. Thanks for the responses!