BCM replacement

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
jason.rattle

Hey everyone, i'm new to the club here but i've owned my 2013 SE since new and i love it.
I have to replace my BCM now though, and it is a pain in the back/neck/spine to get to. I got to the RH fuse block/bcm assembly to remove it, but there are 2 connectors on the back of the bcm that i cant get to. I have all the trim removed, as much access as i can get but i can't figure it out. Has anyone else replaced one of these before, and Suzuki techs here? Im a tech myself, but working in fleet I never work on cars like these and i'm a little out of my element.
DiggerDerrik

Doesn’t the BCM require programming to the PCM or ECU? In my Ford Super Duty it did cause my windshield leaked and covienently pooled up in my BCM. I know that Ford is not Suzuki but just something to look into. It was held in by a plastic clip that I broke taking out. So feel around for them. If you can’t see down where it is, use your phone to take pictures or an illuminated bore scope.
2016 Ford Explorer XLT Ecoboost
2010 Kizashi GTS FWD
2011 F-350 Lariat Crew Cab 4x4 6.7
jason.rattle

It may need to be programmed, but it's worth the gamble to try it. The nearest dealer to me is 65 miles away and i've had some terrible service from there in the past- would rather not go in if i can avoid it. I can get my camera in there but not my hands...
DiggerDerrik

Best I can do then is post this eBay link that has one for sale with pictures. I haven’t a clue where the BCM even is in these cars. I imagine tucked up somewhere in a tight spot under the dash near where the floor meet it. I don’t think any of the common contributors to this site are Suzuki techs. Doesn’t mean someone with more knowledge then me wont chim in though. Good luck dude.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-11-12-13-S ... 2809259404
2016 Ford Explorer XLT Ecoboost
2010 Kizashi GTS FWD
2011 F-350 Lariat Crew Cab 4x4 6.7
jason.rattle

Thank you, I had to put everything back to useful togetherness and put this off for another day. I need to use the car this week for work, so maybe next weekend i will try again.
jason.rattle

Going over and over the wiring diagrams, i found all my problem circuits shared one connector- the driver's door jamb connector. I pulled it out and disconnected it, the bottom corner was full of white and green corrosion- and half a dozen pins broke and stuck in the female socket. Factory harnesses are big $, so i am going to get a junkyard connector and replace the pins. Hopefully this will help someone else out one day!
Ronzuki

Where's the connector located? Any ideas on the source of the moisture that caused the corrosion?
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
ALGar

What is the best spark plugs to replace the original ones?
jason.rattle

The rubber boot in the driver's door jamb- pry it back with a pry bar VERY CAREFULLY and there is a white 36 pin connector there. It is NOT a weatherpak/weatherproof connector. Suzuki engineers must have trusted the rubber boot to be enough, but it is not. I think it was the salty water spray that tends to get everywhere on cars here in NY. Still haven't fixed it yet, we just had a snow storm and i can't work on it more until the weather breaks again (i need to remove the door to gain enough access to actually make repairs)
Ronzuki

Well that's disappointing. I expect better from Suzuki than that. Alas, another inherent problem of too many electrical gadgets in vehicles (just as in industry) connections are points of failure and proper connections to prevent such things as corrosion are very expensive. The Samurai's electrical connections were all water tight (submersible). Granted, there were no where near as many...less gadgetry, more reliability.

Thanks for the heads-up and location. This will be high on the list of spring maintenance that's worth undertaking now that we are aware of the likely problem. All they do around here is load the roads unnecessarily with salt any time anything falls from the sky all winter long.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)