Bluetooth & Spotify

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
Deborad

Am I incorrect in thinking I can stream Spotify thru the Bluetooth? It only gives the the option of calls. Verizon says it's the car and not their app. I have a 2011 Kizashi. Thanks in advance.
Last edited by Deborad on Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KuroNekko

Deborad wrote:Am I incorrect in thinking I can stream Spotify thru the Bluetooth? It only gives the the option of calls. Verizon says it's the car and not their app. I have a 2011 Kizashi. Thanks in advance.
It depends on the head unit (which stereo unit you have). If you have a factory navigation system, it does not support Bluetooth Audio. Only calls. On the contrary, the Rockford Fosgate audio system without the navigation system supports Bluetooth Audio streaming. I have this system in my 2011 Sport GTS and I stream Spotify over Bluetooth all the time. Simply access the Bluetooth Audio mode (BT-A) via the CD button on the head unit.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Deborad

The unit is Kenwood but the speakers say Rockland Fosgate. Navigation is there. I looked yesterday at the set up options and nothing says CD, only DVD. CD appears when I put one in but doesn't give me any options for anything but playing it. So based on what you're saying, I don't have the option of playing Spotify? The majority of my music is on my phone so this would be a disappointment. I have the car three years now and still don't know what it does. I do appreciate your help and thank you for taking the time to answer.
KuroNekko

Yes, unfortunately, your model doesn't support Bluetooth Audio streaming. It's what I've read in Kizashi brochures and the topic has been discussed here before. It's a rather odd thing about the model with the navigation screen because it omits a feature many would want. The models with the Rockford Fosgate audio system without the navigation screen have this ability.

As for playing music from your phone, the USB port should still be able to handle that. It's just that you can't stream it through Bluetooth as a source for your car.
Tom Kizzie

So the previous owner had the rockford without navi swapped for a kenwood with navi but no BT-streaming?!

(or is the rockfordnamed headunit really a kenwood with RF speakers...i dont know cause in europe we dont have the Rockford Fosgate but another one with 10 speakers also)
kizashi 6mt black
KuroNekko

Tom Kizzie wrote:So the previous owner had the rockford without navi swapped for a kenwood with navi but no BT-streaming?!

(or is the rockfordnamed headunit really a kenwood with RF speakers...i dont know cause in europe we dont have the Rockford Fosgate but another one with 10 speakers also)
No, the Rockford Fosgate system was available in the US for both navigation and non-nav vehicles. These systems were found in the GTS and SLS trims. The difference regarding the Bluetooth Audio streaming feature was that it was limited to only the non-nav Rockford Fosgate models. If you had the navigation system, it didn't allow for Bluetooth Audio.
Basically stated, if your head unit didn't look exactly like what is pictured below, you likely don't have Bluetooth Audio.

Deborad

To connect to the USB port I will need an adapter then. I really appreciate all of you helping out. I got this car quickly when I needed one over two years ago and as beautiful as it is, I've yet to get attached to it. When I read the posts in these forums I know I should appreciate it more. Thanks again.
KuroNekko

Deborad wrote:To connect to the USB port I will need an adapter then. I really appreciate all of you helping out. I got this car quickly when I needed one over two years ago and as beautiful as it is, I've yet to get attached to it. When I read the posts in these forums I know I should appreciate it more. Thanks again.
Are you sure there isn't a USB port in the glove box or center console? I recall reading about a USB port available for the navigation models.
LPSISRL

USB inputs is standard on all 2011 Kizashi models. I'd assume that it's located in the same place behind the center console flip door.
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
Deborad

Are you sure there isn't a USB port in the glove box or center console? I recall reading about a USB port available for the navigation models.[/quote

There is a usb cable in the glove compartment. I never looked for a port under the slide door but I will. I tried looking around today for a cable that will connect one USB plug to another. Wal-Mart and Verizon were clueless as to what I want to do. Then today on the Spotify forum someone said Spotify can only be played that way thru iPhone because of licensing. Then someone else told me to try a headphone jack. I am not technical, all I want to do is play the music on my phone thru my car speakers. I thought it would be easier than this but I'm still determined to try everything.