URGENT HELP NEEDED - Kizashi going through compliance process in New Zealand

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
pcm0928

Please render help!

I am the 3rd owner of this 2010 maroon colour RHD Kizashi from Singapore. 2nd owner is by this forum member: "hotnyh". I must say that he took care of the car very well indeed!

I love the car so much that I brought it along to New Zealand (NZ). It has passed every check box in the NZ compliance except for emission standard. Not that it failed the physical exhaust test but due to lack of official data showing that it has met at least Euro 4 Emission Standard. This is the minimum standard required in NZ.

The Technical Letter from Singapore Land Transport states that it achieved emission ECE R86 and ECE R83. See Tech Letter Part 2. However, I cannot verify that ECE R86 and R83 are equivalent to Euro 4. Need advice whom to approach in Suzuki Japan and Champion Motors in Singapore (Suzuki distributor) for assistance. Failing which, the car would have to be scrapped.

Thank you very much
Attachments
Technical Letter Part 2
Technical Letter Part 2
Maroon Kizashi - 2.jpg (153 KiB) Viewed 5684 times
Technical Letter Part 1
Technical Letter Part 1
Maroon Kizashi - 1.jpg (147.83 KiB) Viewed 5684 times
Maroon Kizashi.jpg
Maroon Kizashi.jpg (145.39 KiB) Viewed 5684 times
KuroNekko

I remember this rare and beautiful Kizashi! Glad to see it's still around. As for New Zealand, I'm sure it won't get scrapped. NZ is famous among car enthusiasts as a place where used but desirable JDM cars go. If their emissions standards were so high and stringent, older performance Japanese cars couldn't be so popular there.

As for the emissions, let's start with the basics. In the US, all cars come with an emissions placard under the hood explicitly stating the emissions standards that car met for its model year. Anything like that for your car?

If not, you can probably contact Suzuki distributors for more info on emissions standards. The link below is from Suzuki's global site and has info for the distributors for Suzukis in every single country they are sold in.

http://www.globalsuzuki.com/globallinks

Best of luck.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Speed_Racer

Whooo that red is beautiful!
'12 Kizashi,'03 SV650,'04 DL1000
pcm0928

Passed compliance. The car is finally registered and road going.
KuroNekko

pcm0928 wrote:Passed compliance. The car is finally registered and road going.
Congrats! Post some more photos. You have a very very rare Kizashi.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
LPSISRL

Rare among the rare. Close to one of a kind and it is gorgeous. If Suzuki had offered that color in the U.S. they might not have had to pull out. That's the color mine would be.
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
pcm0928

Car is now legally on the road.
Attachments
Kizi in NZ.jpg
Kizi in NZ.jpg (485.73 KiB) Viewed 5295 times