supplemental cvt fluid cooler

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
skirby

I saw a post in another group about adding an fluid cooler for the cvt. is it helpful ? I know that the cvt is sensitive to heat should I have one installed with the fluid change? I just hit 60000 with my 2011 SLS awd.
WESHOOT2

I would suggest a professionally-installed high-quality cooler wouldn't hurt if one operated in very very hot environment continuously.

Does RRM still have them?
DiggerDerrik

Overall unless you live on the Equator and spend all day driving up hill with a car full of passengers I’d say the cooling system on the car is probably good as is. You’d be better off spending the money on a fluid and filter change for the CVT.

I installed an auxiliary transmission cooler on my Dodge pickup back when I towed with it. I just tapped into the return line from the factory transmission cooler back to the transmission with some hose and then to the aftermarket cooler. I can’t tell you if it made a difference or not cause I didn’t install the temp gauge until I’d installed the second cooler and I got rid of the pickup shortly afterward. The cooler I got off of amazon. I got it all done for under $50, doing the work myself. Don’t forget to add fluid as the new cooler will add to the capacity slightly.

Hayden Automotive 402 Ultra-Cool Tube and Fin Transmission Cooler
2016 Ford Explorer XLT Ecoboost
2010 Kizashi GTS FWD
2011 F-350 Lariat Crew Cab 4x4 6.7