cabin air filter replacement

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
barra48

I watched the video about changing the filter and managed to get the rod that attaches to the right side of the compartment off but had trouble getting the glove compartment door to detach. Not wanting to break anything, I took the tray out and detached the plastic covering the filter. Somewhere in there, the right side rod disappeared. I don't know where it went and wonder it the rod is necessary for the strength of the glove box. Advice please.
KuroNekko

The rods work as dampers to make sure the glove box opens slowly instead of slamming down when opening. Make sure it hasn't fallen down just out of sight.
Also, in my opinion, you don't need to mess with the glove box other than opening it when changing the filter. I simply open the glove box, slide off the owner's manual tray, and then pinch off the filter's cover. There's enough space to access the filter without unhinging the glove box.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
barra48

Thank you.I will ask the people that work on the car to look for the part and I will use your method the next time i change the filter.