2013 CVT - Recall Campaign "CP"

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
bdleonard

I just got a notice in the mail that there is a recall for the TCM on some 2013 Kizashi and SX4 vehicles with the CVT.
Attached is a copy of the full notice from the Suzuki Pit Stop Plus service site.
Attachments
Auto SC-76 CP Campaign CVT Controller.pdf
(2.26 MiB) Downloaded 346 times
bdleonard

I'll be having my car checked out for this recall next week. (Based on the dates filed with the NHTSA, my car is included) I'll update with any relevant info once it has been done.
bdleonard

I finally had the recall performed today. Took about an hour total. There was a nut sitting on the middle of my floor mat when I got in after it was done. I decided to shrug my shoulders. I'll take a look tonight to see if it was a spare or they forgot to put one back.

The car seems to drive just fine. No noticeable difference in any behavior, but there is some peace of mind that the CVT controller shouldn't fail internally to max pressure mode and cook the transmission.
LPSISRL

When you said there was a nut sitting on your floor mat I pictured a dwarf mechanic. :)
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
bdleonard

LPSISRL wrote:When you said there was a nut sitting on your floor mat I pictured a dwarf mechanic. :)
Given the amount of space under there when I went to put it back in place, a miniature mechanic would have had a much easier time!