Looking for switched fuse or wire in engine bay for my DRL's ...

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
aranciata-oz

Hi everyone,

After excitedly removing the front bumper to install and clean cable-route a pair of DRL's, I hit a roadblock ... I can't find an ignition-switched fuse to power the DRL's!!! (yes as you can see in the photo, I'm using piggyback fuse holders - I figured out the DRL's being low power it was OK to power it this way).

Anyway I'm using a normally closed relay to power and headlight-switch-off the DRLs (in my Australian state the DRLs must be unlit when headlights are on) - no issues finding a headlight fuse that switches the DRLs off, but all the other fuses are annoyingly constant power!

I know I can tap the accessory fuse from the fusebox inside the car which is ignition-switched, but that's some messy exposed wiring running around the A pillar I'd rather not have to do.

Anyone with any ideas of a wire in the engine bay I can use as a switched ignition power source? (I always voltage test it to ground with multimeter, of course).

Appreciate any input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 MY14 Kizashi Sport Prestige (Auto)
KuroNekko

I wish I could be of more help but US Kizashis are wired differently than Australian models. Ours come with a DRL feature standard so the wiring is different.

My suggestion is to search for posts by a guy called Murcod here. He's an Aussie and he has aftermarket DRLs on his Kizashi. I believe he once discussed the set-up he had. If I recall correctly, he was an electrician too so he knows his stuff.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
aranciata-oz

KuroNekko wrote:I wish I could be of more help but US Kizashis are wired differently than Australian models. Ours come with a DRL feature standard so the wiring is different.

My suggestion is to search for posts by a guy called Murcod here. He's an Aussie and he has aftermarket DRLs on his Kizashi. I believe he once discussed the set-up he had. If I recall correctly, he was an electrician too so he knows his stuff.
Thanks KuroNekko - I searched the forum a bit more and found exactly what I needed - Relay #33 as the switched source:

Daytime LED Running Lights
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_ ... are_type=t

Absolutely brilliant, because that was the final touch to the project.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 MY14 Kizashi Sport Prestige (Auto)
Nav28

Hey mate,

I trying to do your exact same method for installing drl in my kizi,, now i have absolutely no electrical experience.
Do you mind helping me here a little?

What i understand is that i have to run a wire from relay 33 to a 5 pin relay and tap into low beam headlight fuse and also wire it to the relay as well as connecting the drls and ground. In the photo i see you have 2 piggy fuse cables, are they both for the drls?