Starter Motor

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
Richardm1985

Hi guys,

When I tried to start my kizashi, it kept ticking without the engine starting though the dash was on. I was unable to power off the dash as the push to start kept trying to start rather than powering off so the battery died.

Two separate mechanics believe it is a starter motor issue.

Does anyone here know where to find the starter motor or had a similar experience with a fix?

Thank you
KuroNekko

So I take it that jump-starting the car didn't help? Have you absolutely ruled out that it's the battery? A weak battery has rather odd symptoms with the Kizashi which are quite different from older cars of the past without fobs and push-button ignitions.

As for the starter motor, these often last the life of the engine. In nearly all cases, it's not the starter motor at fault but the starter solenoid connected to it. These are often accessed from under the vehicle as they are attached where the engine and transmission connect.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Ronzuki

Yes, Kuro is correct when he states a weak battery in a Kizashi demonstrates some very odd behavior. And I also concur that it is very unlikely to be the starter motor or even the starter's solenoid. Many here have experienced various weird electrical behavior w/ their cars when the battery becomes weak. The Kizashi is a electrical power hungry machine.

Prior to this episode, had you experienced an extended cranking w/o the car starting? What model year is your car? Still have original battery? If so, best case it could be @5 years old, worst case @ 8years old. Depending on your local climate, 5 years is well beyond its useful life. I replaced mine after 3 years...starting to act funny w/ extended cranking w/o firing. New battery solved the problem.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)