Transmission Fluid

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
copelandklc

What transmission fluid do you use and where do you buy it from? It's hard to find the originals.
bdleonard

Assuming you're referring to the CVT, and not the manual transmission, the original "Suzuki Green" CVT fluid is equivalent to Nissan NS-2 (Nissan used exactly the same CVT in many of their vehicles)

Any CVT fluid listing the Nissan NS-2 specification should be fine. I've personally used the Castrol Transmax CVT fluid ($35 for a 6 qt pack on Amazon), though some dislike that one due to the use of a red dye which makes it easier to confuse with traditional ATF. I know others have used Valvoline CVT fluid which is a light amber color. Any of the OEM fluids used in the Jatco CVTs should also be fine: Nissan NS-2 / NS-3, Mitsubishi J1/J4, Dodge / Jeep CVTF+4
DiggerDerrik

I used the Valvoline for my first filter change. Then used the same Castrol bdleonard mentioned for the flush a few years later. I have about 10,000 miles on that fluid and the transmission works great.
2016 Ford Explorer XLT Ecoboost
2010 Kizashi GTS FWD
2011 F-350 Lariat Crew Cab 4x4 6.7