Questions about USB/MP3

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
ragmopp

I have been been trying to get recorded music to play and have run out of ideas. Maybe someone can help?

I have a Sandisk Sansa clip (8Gig). When I insert it I get an error 4 message. That apparently is more than 500 miliwatt and therefor the MP3 will not play. Any ideas?

The other issue, is if I use a thumb drive I CAN get the music to play, but cannot figure out how to separate the albums by genre (rock, jazz, etc). I have each album in a folder on the thumb drive by genre but all I am able to do is switch between albums. And that is a pain, especially if there are a lot of albums across various genres. Of course, maybe that is the way it is, and if so I can deal with it, but it sure would be better if I can separate the music. ???
Moto
Site Admin

Manual says under 4GB so your 8GB stick is probably just to big. A few people have managed to get bigger drives to sort of work.
http://kizashiclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=385 you should read through this if you haven't already.
ragmopp

Thanks for the reply, must have missed that thread. Will consider purchasing a smaller mp3. As I can get the thumb drive to work, if I could just get it to show me genre's so I can narrow down the types of music I would like to hear, I probably would forgo the mp3 player. Thanks again.
lookin

i believe with thumb drives you only have your folder selecton the solution to this is put the music you want in the folder label it accordingly and set up the other folders just how you want it and u will be fine i hope u understand
ragmopp

Thanks Lookin...but I THINK I did that. For example I have two folders on the thumb drive Rock & Jazz with a few (at this time) albums within each folder. When I go to the car and plug the thumb drive in and select 'folders' it does not show Rock or Jazz so I could scroll down to whatever album I want to hear. All that does happen is that I can go from one to another album across either Rock or Jazz. Maybe that is the way it is supposed to be, if so I will live with it (and maybe get a smaller mp3 player).
TheHolyGhost

Yea, I don't think it handles nested folders, unfortunately.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
ragmopp

That's too bad... So, if I decide to purchase a 4 gig mp3 will it show folders, like Jazz, Rock?
Sarahlu03

I have a 8gb hp flash drive that I use, I have some of my music on here... I normally have a 120gb Zune... which I can't play :twisted: Suzuki... NOT everyone has an IPOD... YOu need to make an AUX Input jack.... that we can purchase and install... and NOT an FM modulator!!!!! But when I play music off my Flash Drive, I just hit random... till it jsut says random... not random f... I believe thats what it is.. but the one random just plays what is in that "folder" and when you do random.. that shuffles thru the entire memory on the drive....
mapeterson2

Sarahlu03 wrote:...I normally have a 120gb Zune... which I can't play :twisted: Suzuki....
This pic shows and says that you can listen to a Zune...

http://consumerguideauto.howstuffworks. ... ior#toptab
2005 Pontiac GTO - 375 rwhp
2001 Ford Ranger XLT - Stock w/ 6 inch lift