2012 Suzuki Kizashi Engine Noise

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
Laina26

Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone may know the cause and fix for this issue. I have just noticed today that when I turn my engine off it makes a strange puffing noise which sounds like blow back. I have never noticed the sound before so am naturally concerned as to what could be causing it. Thanks in advance :)
Ronzuki

I don't think it's anything to worry about. This sound has something to do with the timing of how the ignition is cut off leaving the engine in a particular state for restart. Something to do with the position the crank/cam/valves were in at rest for the next restart. I know, sounds kinda weird. Way back when there was an issue w/ excessive cranking duration prior to firing (start-up) on early SX4s (same basic engine configuration as the K). An ECU reflash changed the way the engine is shut down and you ended up getting a little sound like the one you are describing. I hear it on both our SX4 and my Kizashi. The sound has become a bit 'louder' as the cars have aged and mileage piling up. Is your car running/driving fine? Fuel economy still about the same? If so, then don't sweat it.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)