PO137 code and PO134 Code

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
Elliot3474

Hi All,

I recently bought a kizashi 2011 model with 180 000km. When I bought it it had the engine light on and assumed it needed service. After servicing the light came back and it said there is something wrong with O2 sensor circuit low voltage (bank 1 sensor 2). If I clear the error with my scanner it goes away and can drive without it comng back,i will only come back If I turn off the car and restart it. I tried cleaning the oxygen sensor with gasoline but still the CEL remains on. DOes it mean the oxygen sensor is damaged or there is another issue like the injectors being dirty or a bad coil pack. once it gave a lean fuel error code and it went away after clearing the errors. It also gave a PO134 code at some point but it also went away now only the PO137 is left.

also on that will a universal oxygen sensor work?
Woodie

Welcome Elliot3474

A universal O2 sensor might work and it might not. I've found that it's more cost effective to go ahead and spend the extra money for a Denso factory correct sensor in the first place. I've fought universals and off-brands before and in desperation finally bought the correct one to find that all my problems went away.

It's very strange that you would get a lean code from sensor two without a lean code from sensor one, they're measuring the same exhaust gas stream. The fact that you had a no activity code from sensor one in the past leads me to believe that you've got an electrical issue that is effecting more than one sensor at a time. Try disconnecting and reconnecting every connector you can find under the hood. Especially the ones for the O2 sensors and if you can trace those harnesses, any one in line between those and the firewall. Also, these sensor depend upon a good ground, so anywhere you can find a wire attached to the body of the engine, loosen up that bolt and re-tighten it, renewing the ground connection.

Very often people replace components and are convinced that the O2 sensor (or whatever) was bad when the act of unplugging the connector was what really fixed it.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
Ronzuki

Woodie wrote:Very often people replace components and are convinced that the O2 sensor (or whatever) was bad when the act of unplugging the connector was what really fixed it.
So true.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)